TENT CAMPING OSTABONINQUE JULY 23-AUG 9

Started by johnny walleye, October 18, 2018, 09:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny walleye

Sunday Ben aka Benny the bushman arrived in Morgantown WV from North Carolina .Due to an afternoon thunder storm. we put off packing up till early the next am. Headed out to  Mario fishbowl for some food and a few beers. After  a short nap We packed up and off we went .all went well nothing like a Monday border crossing .money exchange and My first every stop a Webbers. and overnight beer stop at Trout creek . hit Tim Hortons up for breakfast . then on Temiscaming for a stop at the IGA and ZEC .With beer and food and ZEC permit . next stop Bearn and Bearn road .The road was in good shape for most of 67k .Once we got to the lake our friend Bob meet us at the landing .Bob graciously help us load the boat and get packed for the trip to camp. After setting the tent up in the rain and a cold fast late lunch. It was time to wet a lines .My brother law was camp near and gave us a gloom and dome story about poor fishing. No fear Ben and Me had a quick discussion and went up the lake .We landed several nice supper fish keep a few for dinner and back to camp. the next
am more of the same. keep some fish for dinner again and some for old gloom and doom. ask how many they caught 2 pike . glad we could help the out. Meet up with Bob later that week fished with him and help him and his wife clean up some brush. and had some lunch. Bob had a dock that was stuck on shore across the lake from his cabin, So with some more man power Ben wife and friend Dale 
arriving  the next day .the dock was back in the water and towed home. 3 weeks goes by quick .one day the smoke from a forest  fire was thick as fog. we had a few bad thunder storms.   I can not tell you how many fish we caught. WE  did catch a few nice lake trout.
the north face tent and Bens marmont held up fine Dales Walmart tent  no so good. With the end of another successful trip .We took of for home. We had a wheel bearing trouble on the way home. a big thank to Paul's auto service Burks Falls. final thoughts. The provigo  in Vila-Marie and the IGA  have great selection of beer  and food. Tent camping and cedar camp fires are great.This 3 week trip was so enjoyable. thank and tight lines to all of you Johnny Walleye.

T-Bone

Wow...out of nowhere...a new trip report. Nice...thanks JW.

Three weeks of camping in the bush...that must take some planning. And without ice or a restock somewhere in there...I'm confident my group wouldn't make it very far into that excursion. Sounds like the fishing was sporadic. We were at Alwaki during that period and had a pretty darn good year. Glad to hear you got in and out of there without incident. Three weeks in the bush camping...[scratching head]....not sure I'd come out alive. You must be young...or at least younger...  ;)

Did you get a chance to portage into Lac Cooks (just east of central Ostaboningue) to try in there? Smaller lake...I would bet hardly ever fished.
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

johnny walleye

WE  WENT BACK TO TOWN 2 TIMES FOR  BEER  AND ICE RUN .

Fort Wisers

SgtCrabby

Great report, thanks!

I doubt I could do 3 weeks in the bush anymore. 
You're more hardy than me.