Front Page News

Started by T-Bone, November 13, 2018, 11:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crackers42

logging roads are groomed but I find they pretty tough on the track and if assuming your is air cooled your sled wont like it either.

Once thing I learned very quick up in Kip during the winter is not to go off the beaten path.

Enjoy the new sled, lots of trails up there to small back lakes that will surprise you.

Note: you will need a license to fish mckillop (if it is open for the winter)

crackers42

Puckster,

The spot your are referencing is known as birch creek on the way up to shefield.  On your way to ragid chute if your turn left at that point and take it all the way back to the road that is the bridge that goes to mckillop.

Back in day this was the only way to get to mckillop before the roads got cut in.

I am not certain but you may want to check if anything past the point you are referencing is Zec

Hint: that point is very productive in June/July but a couple shoals (hint area right across from hit and up the river on that side can be good also, dont go on the left side some nice boulders that will take out the prop)

puckster_guy

Cool, ty bro. I wanna get to know that section upto the chutes this summer.Been everywhere else in the area except that water. Len fishes there a lot so it's gotta be good lol.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

puckster_guy

Hey LC and guys. I'm not heading up this week. Several things conspired against me lol. I'm not at work till friday but I doubt I'm going up. I'll try again later in Jan.

limacharley

Thanks for the msg Puck. Awful weather up here. Lots of rain has formed a hard crust and there's not a lot of snow beneath the crust. I may quad into Hunter's Lake to see a friend who's at his camp. Hopefully he brought a couple of moose steak for us.
Everybody is a genius.
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein

puckster_guy

Rain here in Toronto too. Then a deep freeze tonight. The weather was a factor in my call. Have fun LC.

limacharley

Didn't end up going Joe. I didn't like all that water on the lake. Once I go through the crust and into the slush, its hard to get outta that even with a quad with trax.  But my buddy put his shack on Hunter's lake and said there was 12 inches of ice.
The trails were very bad. With all the rain we had forced the branches to sag over the trails. Lots of cutting to get around. The locals will fix that up in no time.

I'm off to Hawaii now for some vacation. Catch ya at the end of January.
Everybody is a genius.
- Albert Einstein

puckster_guy

Solid! enjoy Hawaii, souinds like fun. By the sounds of that report it looks like I can drive right to camp. Gonna try to head up on the 14th. If I can't get far with the sled then I'll just hang around camp and go for a few walks or something. I'm thinking of making a small rink in front of my place but not this year. We'll do the red pine hockey tourney lol. I'll make a trophy out of all the empty Wisers bottles I got laying around.

Oarin

limacharley

Thanks Oarin.
We usually stay on the big Island but its not recommended yet. It's apparently still cloudy and smelly from the volcano erupting.

This time: one week at Waikiki and one week in Kuai.

Just finished moving my daughter into Residence at UofO. Jeezus kids are expensive.

Catch you guys later.
Everybody is a genius.
- Albert Einstein

Oarin

You're going to love Kuai. Try to get to Poi Po Beach(sp?) It's beautiful.

Fort Wisers

Spent a week at camp the week passed....
Good base of snow, I'd say a solid 2 feet.
We left to come home first thing Sunday morning (with a stop at Myrts for breakfast).
They got more Monday night and I believe are calling for more today / tonight.
I'm planning to head up sans family to get some work done this Thursday (trim in camp and drop some poplars and skid them away to the "log yard" with the snow machine).

@puckster_guy, sorry to hear you didn't make it in, hopefully soon...
@limacharley, have a great trip!

puckster_guy

Lol, Brent. I just came on to post I'm heading in on my sled on monday the 14th. Then I see your post. I'm picking it up today so I'm dying to try it out. Staying till thursday or friday. I'm told Kip is still too slushy and dangerous to venture out on. So I'm staying on land and stick to the main roads Till I'm comfortable operating this thing. If you guys are in the area drop by...
Shopping on line now for a Propane tankless hot water heater. Nice to see the prices come down some.

Fort Wisers

hey Joe!
I'm a little late in wishing you a good trip in but better late than never.
I returned home from our cabin yesterday, dropped a bunch of poplars and reopened one of the local Vmuts trails that had some dead fall on it.
It was a great few days to work in, bright blue skies, nice and cool.
I wasn't down near Kipawa this time (although my brother had me half convinced to head to his place Saturday) but next time we're in the area, if you're there we'll stop for a visit.
Take care

puckster_guy

LOL I Love your timing Fort Wisers. I got to camp at about 4pm The new sled worked flawlessly and got me to camp OK. About 2 feet of snow on the ground here and the lake is a combination of ice and slush. I'm not sure I wanna be out on it. The stove is just starting to warm this place up now. I'm at 11C now, up from -7 when I got here. I got a propane heater helping the stove warm the place. -6C outside now. I sure hope to get some sunshine here it'll be nice to go to the beach...