Millers camp McKenzie?

Started by Taylor6400, February 05, 2019, 05:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor6400

Hey all. New guy here. I have 4 guys including myself that are discussing a trip to Kipawa. Local fishing show here had the owners of Millers camp McKenzie here. Anyone familiar?  I find it odd that there is zero pictures of any cabins on his literature. Price is right at just $400 for a week stay. But I can’t find any reviews positive or negative anywhere.

T-Bone

I wasn't sure if they were still in biz, to be honest...haven't heard mention of them in several years. I think the cabins are pretty basic, but this is going on info from at least 7-8 years ago. Not sure they had showers back then either, or indoor plumbing. Good location on the lake though. Is it $400/person or $400 for the whole cabin...as many people as you can fit into it?
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

Oarin

T-bone, from what I can see, it's $400 for 4 days and it does not include the cost of the boat and motor($30 per day), gas, or bait. I too found it odd that there were no pictures of the inside of the cabins. Can't wait for July!!!

Taylor6400

It’s $400 per person with a min of 4 people and max of 6. The $400 is for 7 days Saturday to Saturday including transportation to the island 14ft fiberglass boat with 15 horse Honda and first tank of gas. Only additional cost (outside of bait and fuel) would be parking in town. There is a shower house no plumbing in cabin. 24 hour electric in cabin though with fridge and propane stove. The no plumbing doesn’t scare me. I also don’t mind basic accommodations as long as it’s clean and the place isn’t a dump.

T-Bone

Embrace every moment...you only get it once

Oarin

Hi Taylor, if that's the case, their website that Michelle earlier posted needs some serious editing.

crackers42

Those cabins were in tough shape a few years back not sure if any updates have happened since.

Right front is a prime spot May 24 opener and down in the narrows.

Too bad that was a happening place back in the 60's and 70's

Inukchook

Hi are you talking about the camp on Mackenzie point on lac mclachlin
If so there has been new owners I believe 3 years ago and they have been working
To fix up the place. They are a French couple who runs it and seem very nice.
They appear to be hard workers   
As your one reply about what they offer seems to be accurate. It is not fancy cabins or anything
But I would assume they are clean.

Rico

Quote from: Inukchook on May 05, 2019, 07:23:09 PM
Hi are you talking about the camp on Mackenzie point on lac mclachlin
If so there has been new owners I believe 3 years ago and they have been working
To fix up the place. They are a French couple who runs it and seem very nice.
They appear to be hard workers   
As your one reply about what they offer seems to be accurate. It is not fancy cabins or anything
But I would assume they are clean.
This is not the same Mckenzie Camp that is on Lac McLachlin. Go to the home page and look at the map of Kipawa outfitters. You will see Millers only 15 miles from the town of Kipawa by  Mckenzie Island. The old Mckenzie Camp on Lac McLachlin is 30 miles from the town of Kipawa.