Apologies or Thank You, Take Your Pick

Started by Administrator, February 13, 2019, 12:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Administrator

First I want to apologize for what seems like an absence from the board over the past year. Losing John has been one of the hardest things I have ever had to deal with in my life. We had that special connection, and it has been tough. It has now been a year, and beginning to feel like I have a desire to live life again. Last year, it just felt like I was a mindless bumper car going through life.

I will try to get some things caught up here on the board for everyone's interest. And I want to thank those of you and stuck with us through thick and thin.

Not sure about my trip to Canada this year, but I am planning a trip to Alaska to see relatives at Ketchikan. This is my third trip in the last 40 years. I have done all the touristy things. This time I am just going up to visit family and do some halibut fishing.

Hope everyone's winter is going as good as can be expected.

Again, thanks,

Nancy

Fort Wisers

Wow @Nancy, a very heartfelt post....
First, thank you for being brave enough to share all this with the board, we're sure it hasn't been an easy time on your end.
Second, you have nothing to apologize for as there has been no noticeable decrease in quality of this forum as far as we can see.
If you've felt you weren't doing the job well I think we can safely say that we certainly didn't notice on the other side because the forum continues to run well and continues to be a great place to chat with friends and fellow Kipawa enthusiasts.
While it's always a shame to notice a regular poster not on the board for a while I think given your circumstances it's totally understandable but as far as the forum quality itself, it continues to be top notch so please don't feel like you need to apologize to any of us.

We believe in the end the thank you goes to you and the moderators for such a great job, regardless of behind the scenes circumstances.
Have a great trip to AK and get some much deserved R&R.

Sincerely, Brent and Katie

Jay Thomas

Oarin

I'm glad you're starting to feel better and hope you can get to Canada again. Nancy, you have nothing to feel bad about with this awesome site. Without you, we wouldn't have it. I hope you continue to recover from John's passing and thank you for what you do for us. Gary.

NortonJoe

Nancy, first I want to say that you have nothing to apologize for...we all must take the time to care for ourselves and we all heal in different ways and at our own speed.  Now, as to the site, I think you do an awesome job and truly appreciate your efforts.  I can't tell you how many times I go on this site to just get a little bit of Canada between trips.  Than you for all your hard work!
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau

RoK

I pick Thank you. I visit this site often (post not so often) and without you it would not be here. I also ditto Fort Wisers post.
Cheers, Ron

Greg

It's all good Nancy - as you see - you have all our support.

This winter has been very hard weather in my neck of the woods and some crazy and unfortunate personal stuff also.   There has been very little activity on the board (I scan all the new posts daily) - I think everyone is anxious for spring!   I know I miss my boat and fishing a huge amount.  The only fishing related thing I have done is buy a musky rod in January (now to buy a reel and some 80lb test braided line).

Looking forward to spring fishing/boat shows!

Cheers,
  Greg (...sick of winter that I am poolside in Dominican right now and we missed the biggest snow storm this season).

CaptainCrappie

Nancy, I am grateful that you would want to continue this web site.  Experiencing your loss of John has to be a tremendous emotional burden. Not much anyone can say that helps, but of course you know that.  Hang in there knowing that we all thank you for all you do.  Take Care.

C.C.
You don't get these days back.  Live each day as if it were your last and one day you will be right.

puckster_guy

There's nothing I can add. It was a pleasure to meet you and John. God bless and Thank You.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

T-Bone

Thanks Nancy for you dedication in keeping this site alive...much appreciated by all, for sure. I hope for your continued positive revival after losing John...you are in my thoughts. Wonderful news on your trip to Alaska, but a bummer on not making it up to Quebec this year...hopefully you can pull it off.
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

crunchie

Your post is ironic and at the same time well timed.  The board is very interesting and I come here at least once a week.  Not sure if you remember but a few years ago we tried to meet up at the Auberge Canadienne one morning but I was working that day.  I was about to contact you very soon as I'm now retired so it would be easier to meet. 
I guess with your plan not to come this year, we'll have to reschedule for next year hopefully.
Take care.
Keep your stick on the ice and your rod in the water

SgtCrabby

limacharley

Hi Nancy,

I am very appreciative of this site and like the others said; we have you to thank for that.
Looking forward to your trip report on halibut fishing in Alaska.

Everybody is a genius.
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein

Hodgey1

Ditto everyone's sentiments. Glad you are beginning the road to recovery after such a lose.

Chris 
Walleye Rock!

johnny walleye

I HAVE NO WORDS  THAT I CAN GIVE YOU BUT YOU HAVE MY HEARTFELT GRATITUDE.