Sharing a good morning...

Started by Greg, August 25, 2019, 08:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

Well guys & gals, I think I am similar to many of you - doesn't matter where or when you fish, on a day when you get your personal best, it feels good and its ok to share....

I got my PB musky this morning at 8:45am on the Ottawa river - a 44 inch (ok, I didn't get to join the 50 club, but I am still happy).  It was an awesome catch - I was fishing with a musky rod and reel I picked up recently, on a 9 inch top water raider lure.  It hit hard and fast about 30 yards from the boat and took over 10 minutes to get it close and in the net.

It was quickly released and swam away healthy to catch another day.

Pic here...
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiG2rid44IV4iAIDb0yZTcQUCLYS?e=5b8Aom  (I have to get better at uploading pics  :-[)

Hodgey1

Nice musky Greg, Congratulations!
Walleye Rock!

Jig and drift

That is a lot of fish. Congratulations very very nice.

GregL

Nice job!! 44" is a good musky man! Congrats on the PB!

RHYBAK

Congratulations.
I've only caught one musky in my life.
I was targeting walleye with a worm harness and hooked a musky in stead. Fortunately that one and only Musky put me in the 50" club.
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Greg

WOW Rhybak - an accidental musky that put you in the 50 club is amazing!  Congrats, very limited membership to that club.

A buddy of mine was on vacation last week - on the St. Lawrence and actually caught THREE musky (between 37 inch to 49.5 inch) on worm harnesses targetting walleye as well.  What a week for him!  Might have to target some on worm harness next time I am out!

Greg

Jay Thomas

Congratulations Greg on your PB musky. Nice pic.

Jay

T-Bone

Embrace every moment...you only get it once

puckster_guy

Very nice fish Greg. Ièm a member of the 50 club. a 54 incher got on Georgian Bay in early May. I was fishing a spot loaded with pike in the spring when I got a "nasty snag" After a few minutes it moved and I thought Oh boy. Major Pike. I guess not....

Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Greg

Nice Puckster!  Congrats...  Almost an entirely different thread here on the board - who is a 50 inch musky club member!!!  Great to hear so many people have enjoyed catching a 50+ musky!!  I am going to keep trying.

puckster_guy

puckster_guy

tinypic is down I'll find a way to post the pic.

GregL

Quote from: puckster_guy on August 26, 2019, 02:20:10 PM
Very nice fish Greg. Ièm a member of the 50 club. a 54 incher got on Georgian Bay in early May. I was fishing a spot loaded with pike in the spring when I got a "nasty snag" After a few minutes it moved and I thought Oh boy. Major Pike. I guess not....

Hey puckster,

Can you really count yourself in the 50" club, if it was caught out of season and by accident.. HAHA! I'm just teasing :) That is a BEAST!!!  My best is only 47", one day I'll break make it to 50!

Oarin