Going to Kipawa (Grindstone Lake) for first time

Started by SteveC, May 22, 2019, 08:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveC

Hello all!

I've really enjoyed reading many of the posts on this forum! I feel I now have some insight on what this area has to offer and how to fish it somewhat. I'm travelling from Kentville Nova Scotia and meeting up with two brothers from Ontario for this trip. We will be on Grindstone lake June 14 - 18, 2019 - Miwapanee Lodge : Grindstone Lake Cottage. Hoping to get some intel on hot spots in this area for walleye, lakers, bass and pike. Confirmation of the better fishing techniques to use would also be very helpful.

Fishing is the excuse for us to get together, but its always nicer to catch a few as well:))!

Many thanks in advance!

Steve

T-Bone

Stayed at that cabin a few years back in early-June; walleye were plentiful not far from the cabin. You're not likely to get into any bass down there, and we didn't fish for lakers to any degree. Picked-up a few pike in common "pike spots". The best tip I can give you...be ready for a bug-fest. Whew...I remember many things about that trip, but the bug onslaught sticks most in my memory.
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

SteveC

Thanks T-Bone - we are expecting the bugs to be bad and hopefully prepared for it!

crackers42

Steve,

I know this area very week and have a camp around the corner send me a pm and I can fill you on where to go

I will be up there at the same time

Hodgey1

Steve,

The trip will be a great success for these few reasons:

• Beer taste better in Kipawa then anywhere I've ever drank it
  • Hangin with your bro's for a week anywhere, let alone Kipawa rocks!
  • If a newb like me can catch 20+ walleye a day, you're golden
  • Fish early, Fish late and relax in between
  • If one leech ain't getting business done, put on a second
  • Did I mention Beer?
Hodgey
Walleye Rock!

SteveC

Thanks Hodgey!

Great suggestions to live and play by!!