First timer - looking for some clues...lol

Started by baitfish, May 23, 2019, 01:32:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baitfish

Hey All,

New to the lake, first time heading up this weekend. Too bad we have a heavy amount of rain coming.

Read a bunch of posts, amazing stories and reports? Headed to dead bear bay for weekend, anyone familiar with this area? Any maps/locations to spend some time jigging? Looking for walleye and lakers...

It appears there is a lifetime of fishing to be had on this lake.

Any tips will help get me started, as this lake is spectacularly big!!!

Thanks

Ira

Go to Home Page, and click on General Discussion page. RHYBAK has posted a link to a Navionics Depth Map.

Greg

Dead bear bay is alone of my favourite places.  I have probably caught more than 50% of all my fish on Kipawa in DBB.

Trolling is simple - just follow the shore around 8 feet deep for walleye and pike.  There are a few jigging locations that alhave produced some great results also.   If you are going for lake trout - just go right down the middle.

Lots of great areas close by also (the channel down to Sunnyside and Sunnyside itself).
Enjoy!!

smitty55

Good to see you made it on the board baitfish. Did you get that last Walleye map I sent you on fish-hawk? Keep in mind that some of those spots may not be that active real early season but make sure to check them out to find out. Also if you like I could email you those jpegs so you could print them out to bring with you.
Cheers

smitty55

Also if you talk real nice to TBone you may get to visit him at Alwaki this weekend and maybe get some tips. Good luck

baitfish

Thanks all, this will point me in the right direction...

Smitty, thank you again for your help, will let you know how it goes.,,

I managed to print the maps, thanks a bunch!

crackers42

Don’t bother trolling this time of year water is only 49 degrees

Jig leech Carolina rig in 12 to 30 feet

Gordo2270

!