New member looking for suggestions

Started by Craig, May 25, 2019, 09:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig

Hi all thanks for adding me to the forum. Im from Hamilton ON and my family has a cottage on Dorval Bay. Been reading alot of good information on here but most reports seem to be from areas of the lake i have yet to venture to. I havent done as much exploring as i would like as my time is usually limited when i come up. I will be going up this friday for my first spring trip on kipawa for 4 days. I have a few spots in the area that i usually catch walleye and pike but these are more summer time spots. This lake has an unbelievable amount of structure and just wondering what the fish will be relating to this time of year as i have never been up with the water being so cold. Im not looking for anybody's honey hole but just a general idea of where to start? Also are the same techniques just as effective at this end of the lake as they are in others? As i stated before lots of good info for othere areas of the lake but its seems pretty quiet on here for our area. Is there not as many fish at this end or are people just alot more hush hush in this area? Most people i know in our area(which isnt many) seem to go the the same spots year in and year out with mediocre results. Never really hear of 30-40 fish days. They all seem to be happy if they can get a few but i find it hard to belive with all the structure around that there are not massive schools sitting somewhere that have been in overlooked spots for years. I fish alot back home in Lake Erie and Ontario and am fairly competent with my electronics as these are obviously massive bodies of water for trying to locate fish but im just trying to cut down on my searching time in Kipawa as i only have a few days to be out there this spring. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Craig from Dorval Bay

crackers42

Craig,

I have always fond that end of the lake (once you pass through hunters) is by far less productive for walleye by a lot better for lake trout

That end has much deeper water vs east end

I would try jigging a leech on n a bare hook or jig this time of year or flatline a spoon for lake trout

Kill Switch

Craig, Fellow Hamiltonian..actually Waterdown.
I may be late on this, but head over to Fox Island and surrounding.
Let us know how you did.
Patrick