Keeping the Boat Organized

Started by T-Bone, June 18, 2014, 11:53:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RHYBAK

Quote from: SgtCrabby on July 08, 2014, 11:30:00 AM
Rybak; You keep it fairly clean, no empty beer cans and other small loose stuff like lures and candy wrappers.

So that's what the captions boat looks like.

15 more days till I start my drive ...

Empty beer cans have their place , contained near the gas tank.

Diabetic ,therefor no candy wrappers.

Two very good energetic  kids on our trip that cleaned our boats after every trip.

Than makes for a very clean boat at all times.
Our anchor was kept in a milk crate that also serves as a temporary empty holder.
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

rambler

Boat clutter is always a problem. This year I made some vertical rod holders. I'll let you know how they work out.

T-Bone

Marco...that's not cool.  >:(  But, I guess there's a little self-deprecation in there...so OK.

Not sure if there is a magic bullet here, so we'll see how it goes. Maybe, like anything, a little effort along the way is easier than a huge effort once or twice. I'll know soon enough, right Rhybak?  8)

Getting so close I actually need to start thinking about it...not just daydreaming...

Embrace every moment...you only get it once

RHYBAK

T-Bone

You should actually make a deal with you're boat buddy.
You guide and drive the boat.
He cleans up after every trip.

Yah...right
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

SgtCrabby

Ah, Now we know your secret Rhybak; two very energetic kids that clean the boat. 
    I'm not bringing my grandson to clean the boat yet, he would make Marcos boat picture look empty.
    And I'm not making a deal with my boat buddy - he drives AND cleans up (don't break a good thing).

CaptainCrappie

Marco, that boat pic is a hoot!  It is better if the boat is organized but no matter how neat it starts with me, it gets outta control real fast.  There was a time when I was wondering where the night crawlers were going. Until it rained and the water drained back as I left the dock and sped up, in the small bilge area (Under the  boat's floor) the mystery was solved.  Those buggers were getting out of the worm box due to the lid not closing completely. Must have been 3-4 dozen in that water!  I do have a "Boat Box"  that has all my tools, cables, spot light, flashlight, rain gear, drift sock, bug spray, hand soap, binoculars, stringers, spare eyeglasses, bug suit, maps, extra batteries, first aid kit, aspirin, antacids, fish scale, and some of that butt wiping paper... just in case, and some crackers to munch on too.  There's more stuff in there but it's underneath the stuff I mentioned. I usually have a minimum of three tackle boxes with me. One labeled Walleye, one labeled Musky/Bass (the musky also doubles as northerns while I'm at Kipawa), and one labeled, Misc. It's a combination box filled with stuff that won't fit in the other boxes.  I have been leaving my soft side tackle box at the cabin, to leave some space for me, my fishing partner, his unnecessary stuff,  and all my other stuff.  31 Days!

C.C.

You don't get these days back.  Live each day as if it were your last and one day you will be right.

NortonJoe

So my big contribution to boat organization is somewhat selfish.  At least twice per trip I knock my beer over in the boat which always brings me nearly to tears.  Drum roll please...so I bought this...
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau

Oarin

NortonJoe, we danced around the spilling beer thing too. We came up with cutting a piece of 4" wide pcv pipe about 4"s high, duct taping a piece of plastic to the bottom and then duct taping it to the side of the boat. It's not pretty, but no more spilled beer. Oarin.

Fort Wisers

Quote from: rhinoboy on June 19, 2014, 10:07:45 AM
Well, here is my 2 cents:

I've owned a place on kipawa for 11 years now, and along the way, i've expanded the cottage 3 separate times, went from boat to different boat, atv to side by side, car to pickup, built thousands of contraptions, etc, all with the intent of making camp life easier, less stressful, and "better".  Trust me, i've analyzed it from every angle.  I will admit, most of those things "helped", and i'm happy I did them, but truth be told, we all still get flustered at times.  Camps and boats get dirty, bugs bite, things are never perfect at camp.  The more I tried to make them that way, the less I got to enjoy, so last year I came to the conclusion, that BY FAR, the best camp/boat/anything upgrade was simply

MORE BOOZE  ;D ;D ;D

I'm half joking, half not.  I guess what i'm trying to say, is the mere imperfections that make camp life difficult, are also what make it perfect.

Long story short, take it from a perfectionist, save the $50-$100 you were gonna spend trying to make the boat better, and grab more booze ;)  It's surprising at how well booze masks small issues and relieves stress.  LOL.  Good luck Tbone!  Have fun, that's all that really matters.

lololololol
Wiser words have never been spoken
And I love T-Bones original reference to his boat as "Kipawa Office Space"
Priceless...sorry to dig up an old thread, couldn't help myself!
Currently getting my boat ready for a Kipawa trip so the thread made for some good laughs!