Fishing Trips

Started by Hodgey1, June 17, 2019, 06:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hodgey1

If someone was to offer an all expense paid fishing trip to anywhere in Canada, where would you go? Besides Kipawa of course.....

I’m not that familiar with fishing anywhere besides Kipawa, so I’m not sure. Maybe off to the west coast for some Salmon fishing?
Walleye Rock!

limacharley

Everybody is a genius.
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein

crackers42

Anderson’s lodge up in Sioux lookout or nipigon river for huge brook trout

Fraser River for sturgeon is a close 2nd

Chazz

Fly-in to Slippery Winds Lodge.  Located North of Fort Frances

T-Bone

Wollaston Lake Lodge, SK or Gangler's North Seal Lodge, MB...

Pinch hitters would be Budd's Gunisao Lake Lodge, MB and North Caribou Camps, ON....
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

Captain Hali

If you're going to do the West Coast for salmon, halibut, and rock fish, and you are a U.S resident, then you should consider Alaska as 1st choice. Canada has more restrictive bag limits than Alaska. If you are a Canadian resident, then you should consider B.C. as 1st choice, as Canadians fishing in Alaska are limited to 20 Kgs. duty free, anything over you pay duty on. U.S citizens fishing in Alaska are only limited by the bag limits per species per length of their stay. Some trips I have been on, friends in Seattle took home up to 300 pounds of frozen fillets, in 6 days of fishing. 

Ozzy30

Plumbers lodge for huge lakers would be mine

Hodgey1

I think I’m with Ozzy, that looks like a once in a lifetime trip.

https://www.plummerslodges.com/lodges/great-bear-lake/
Walleye Rock!

Nancy

John and I had talked numerous times about Sportsmans Lodge on Little Vermillion for trophy pike. Although there may be better places out west.

(I know this wasn't the question but...)My bucket list at least used to include a trip to Florida for tarpon fishing.

Ozzy30

My wife and I went to Wekusco falls in Manitoba for our honeymoon many years ago.  Tramping lake that year was ranked #2 walleye lake in Canada at that time.  Beautiful scenery and would recommend northern manitoba to anyone.

Oarin

bucknbull

WOW !!!

All nice trips. I'd take any one of them.

One trip that I have near the top of the bucket list is fishing for giant tuna on the east coast.

I've always wanted to hook into one of those 40/50+ lb. lakers in Great Bear Lake or similar lake with potential for that size fish.

Also would love fishing giant brookies on the Sutton or Nipigon Rivers.

Salmon, halibut and giant sturgeon on the west coast would be awesome too.

Calicofishing

I made my first trip to Kipawa in August 1961 and will continue until life goes out of me. There is something that seems to grow on you about returning!

Hodgey1

Quote from: Calicofishing on September 01, 2019, 08:49:27 PM
I made my first trip to Kipawa in August 1961 and will continue until life goes out of me. There is something that seems to grow on you about returning!

Wow, 58 years. That is a long time. Where do you stay when at Kipawa?

After reading through all of these, I think I would vote to go to Plummers Lodge.
Walleye Rock!