UP AGAIN WOOT!!

Started by GregL, June 21, 2019, 01:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregL

Well, what do I do when my dog training plans change for long week. HEAD FOR ALWAKI for the July long weekend WOOT!!!!

Our second trip this year, so excited :)

puckster_guy

Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

T-Bone

AWESOME!!!! Love that spontaneous 'gotta go' spirit!!!
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

Ozzy30

Good for you, see you there

Hodgey1

Walleye Rock!

smitty55

Happy Happy Greg. :)  I'm kinda surprised you could get a booking this late. For a few years we were down to 4 day long weekends at Alwaki because some guys didn't want to commit a full week. I was not happy but we still got the booking for a couple of cabins. Except for my first two trips camping, after a week at Kipawa deep down I always wished I could stay for another week. I've always found that the Kipawa magic that starts at the dock that we all know really starts to infiltrate deeper into my "being" in day 3, and by day 4 not only have I stopped aging I feel like maybe I'm going back the other way. By then all of life's stresses seemed to have faded away for some precious times. Even after getting home that peace and harmony still lingers there for a good while, can't think of a better therapy.

Bonus trip for sure Greg. Anything special planned, like a tour somewhere?

Cheers

GregL

Quote from: Hodgey1 on June 21, 2019, 10:29:41 PM
What weekend Greg?

Hey bud, will be July 1st weekend. I can't do the August long weekend because I have to judge a field trial.

GregL

Quote from: Ozzy30 on June 21, 2019, 02:35:22 PM
Good for you, see you there

Nice! You staying at Alwaki? We are in a silver/black alumacraft tiller. You'll know us because we have 2 black labs with us :)

Stop by say HI! Maybe we can share strategies! My goal this weekend is to concentrate shallow if I can. Tina and I always feel more confident when we can mark a school and fish them. I've never felt confident fishing eyes above 15'.

GregL

Quote from: smitty55 on June 22, 2019, 12:42:07 AM
Happy Happy Greg. :)  I'm kinda surprised you could get a booking this late. For a few years we were down to 4 day long weekends at Alwaki because some guys didn't want to commit a full week. I was not happy but we still got the booking for a couple of cabins. Except for my first two trips camping, after a week at Kipawa deep down I always wished I could stay for another week. I've always found that the Kipawa magic that starts at the dock that we all know really starts to infiltrate deeper into my "being" in day 3, and by day 4 not only have I stopped aging I feel like maybe I'm going back the other way. By then all of life's stresses seemed to have faded away for some precious times. Even after getting home that peace and harmony still lingers there for a good while, can't think of a better therapy.

Bonus trip for sure Greg. Anything special planned, like a tour somewhere?

Cheers

Ya there is a beach I want to try and find and test our new anchor buddy! My new alumacraft is already scratched up from beaching on the may long weekend LOL!

Fort Wisers

haha congrats @GregL ! have fun....

GregL

Quote from: T-Bone on June 21, 2019, 01:59:04 PM
AWESOME!!!! Love that spontaneous 'gotta go' spirit!!!

My summer is usually like this HAHA!..

If dogs are working well, I'll seek out a field trial , in hopes of winning and qualifying for the National (it's like the play offs and no small task to qualify you have to beat professionally trained retrievers that train 6 days a week and 12 months a year!) OR we head north 6 hr from us for the weekend to train the dogs OR we go walleye fishing. It's all very fluid this time of year!!

To many hobbies i think! LOL!

Ozzy30

Definately will look you up.  I have the black lund in cabin 5.  Was getting warmed up locally this weekend and caught 12lb laker.  Can't wait to get away

GregL

Quote from: Chris Osborne on June 24, 2019, 10:56:32 AM
Definately will look you up.  I have the black lund in cabin 5.  Was getting warmed up locally this weekend and caught 12lb laker.  Can't wait to get away

Cool! We are in lucky number 9 :)