New to fishing the lake need help

Started by Villy91, July 01, 2019, 09:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Villy91

Hello all I’m gonna be fishing Kipawa for the first time tomorrow with my kids was wondering if there is any good shore spots near the bait store don’t know the lake so I won’t be bringing the boat, any help is greatly appreciated, trying to target Walleye and Pike don’t think the lakers will be shallow this time of year thanks in advance

Greg

Welcome to the board Villy91.

Unfortunately I am not aware of any shore fishing locations as I have only ever fished Kipawa with a boat far from the main bay.  I think I would use Google maps with satellite view turned on and zoom in - lots of private property with homes and cottages in the main area also (where the tackle & bait shop is by the government dock).   Also maybe ask Corina at the tackle store for location suggestions.

Good luck - let us know how you do.

Hodgey1

Quote from: Villy91 on July 01, 2019, 09:45:58 PM
don’t know the lake so I won’t be bringing the boat

I would highly recommend bringing your boat, you will love the lake and it's fishing. I don't know about shore fishing, like Greg mentioned, check with Corina at the bait store.
Walleye Rock!

Villy91

Thanks for the fast replies I can’t find a good map of the lake for my phone are there any big rock shoals that are shallow for me to worry about I would be coming from North Bay

whaler15

You could try at the dam in temiscaming  or along the ottawa river.

puckster_guy

Try this. when you come into Quebec where you make the left turn into town. turn right or go thru the intersection coming from town. there is a bridge where the Gordon river enters into the Ottawa river. Stand on the shore and cast out Rapalas or whatever into the current. I caught a lot of walleye there right off the river mouth opening. Right on shore.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)