TRIP REPORT 3 SEASONS JUNE 13-20

Started by JLG, June 21, 2014, 09:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLG

Posted some pics to Kip friends facebook site.  Great trip with the usual great service by 3 seasons.  eventful ride up with storms from border to Orillia and after a rest in Orillia arrived at landing on 12 June.  Got out in evening and landed 1st 5 pound eye of trip + lots of eater size.  13 June banner day with another 5 pounder + a bonus 5 pound laker on a worm harness in Smith bay.  All in all a great laker week with over 20 caught and 8-9 legal ones (kept our limit and returned rest to catch another day).  Thru the seek several 5 pound eyes with lots of eater size in between.  Had 3 good eye meals during the week (1 eye feeds both Deb and I at one setting).  Had a gourmet meal thanks to our neighbors on a return from lake trout fishing one evening and still talking about the seafood and bacon wrapped asparagus!  Pike Mike sorry we did not get to hook up but I can tell you I drank those 6 beers + many more on a daily basis (good thing its only a once a year trip).  Ride home had a bear cross over 11 in Orillia 50 yards in front of us.  Bear made it OK with the heavy traffic but it was close.

600 miles north

Glad to hear the trip went well! I can't wait to see the pics on facebook! You will be the first one posting pics from a trip this year.

I have to hear how that seafood, bacon wrapped asparagus was made. That sounds good. A hobby of my wife and mine is cooking, and especially new things.

Glad you missed that bear on the road, but sure would be a sight to see. Thanks for sharing... I'm heading to facebook to check out the pics!

Cheers!
     Brad
600 miles north is where I'd rather be!

600 miles north

I like the new measuring method in those pics Jan! The measurent that is internationally known... How many cans of beer long is your fish?  :) Nice 5 beer eye by the way! That could be a fun game... you have to drink how ever many beers long your fish is!  :) 8)

Cheers!
     Brad

ps... Do you care if I post a couple of those pics to this site Jan?

JLG

Brad:  post away - no problem.  I tend to overindulge with the beers while in Canada but they just seem to taste better while up there.  Mosquito Inn guy told me 1 beer per fish, but I could not keep up with that so settled for a case a day...good thing I only go up once a year...

johnny walleye

Administrator

Does anyone else get "attachment unavailable" where the picture should be on the Jan's post in the Facebook group?

600 miles north

Nancy, Oarin is also having problems. I will see what I can find out

600 miles north

JLG

I changed settings on facebook post of pics and shared again.  please let me know if that helped.

Dog

I will never carry a measuring tape again!... I always have beer cans in the boat when fishing, done deal. love it!
One more cast...

Walleye Maven

tbayboy

Great report and bear can measuring - just genius. We're on our way up next week, hope you left some behind for us.

Thanks for sharing!

600 miles north

JLG how were you having success catching your fish? Trolling, jigging, etc... and what depths were most of them caught in would you say, time of day? I have a cousin heading up next weekend who hasn't had much success fishing ... mostly for lack of effort, but I want to try and steer him and his buddy in the right direction.

Thanks!
     Brad

T-Bone

Nice report...thanks. That's a dandy walleye there. Wow.

Bacon wrapped asparagus. Hmm...sounds good...may have to try that.

But, I have to ask. With all that great, creamy, smooth, flavorful brew they offer in Canada, you choose to drink Keystone? Keystone? Hey...I'm a huge "to each their own" kinda guy, but that leaves me scratching my head a little. Well, I guess it can't be any worse than Coors Light, and every time I see people in The Beer Store there is always someone walking in or out with a few cases of that water. Whew...barely can call it beer.

Thanks again for the report.
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

JLG

Brad:  Lakers were caught in 50 to 60 anchored with dead minnows (with exception of one while backtrolling for eyes.  outfitter provided but if your cousins outfitter does not he will need to  buy the Quebec certified minnows.

Eyes in 5 to 15.  We are mainly jiggers and only use 1/2 crawlers.  We backtrolled worm harnesses when action was slow to locate but will say the majority of the larger eyes where caught backtolling. 

We do fish hard - usually 0600 to 2200 daily with only a break to refuel cooler and eat brunch.

one lesson I learned on first trip was listen to outfitters and others who have been there before for areas and techniques as it was slow for me using my home area techniques.

T-Bone:  Wife drinks the keystone reds and is not real flexible with that.  Since we are now on fixed income $14 a 30 pack vs the $50 for a Bud light 40 pack I payed in Temiscaming and given the amount we go thru during the week the reds will continue to be consumed on our trips

where are they going?