3 Seasons Camp -July 27th to August 10th

Started by JigginFool, August 18, 2019, 08:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JigginFool

Another amazing 2 weeks have come and gone..
We left our house and crossed the peace bridge at 4:00 AM July 27th and had easy sailing all they way. Stopping at Trout Lake for leaches, IGA for last minute food, Pronature for more leaches and licenses and 102 for beer and off to the logging road in Taggard Bay to launch the boat and meet Reggie's brother in-law and we were in camp by 12:30, leaving early makes the trip nice.
After unpacking and having dinner I went out for my first night while my wife and son stayed back to rest, I only caught 2 and kept 1, the sunset makes it worth while.

We did our best fishing jigging this year, we did catch a good number trolling but this year they seamed smaller, where in the past we got larger fish trolling.

The 2 largest fish that we had to release this year were 24" and 29" caught jigging with an ultra-light, 4 pound test line with a hook and leach.

24"

29"

Also, the mornings were awesome!  With cool evenings and warm water the morning fog was cool....

We also had the chance for a shore dinner, I know some people think it's too much bother but think it's worth the effort.

We also tried cooking fish a different way, normally we dip in egg and panco bread crumbs but this year we tried slices of tomato, slices of lemon, Italian seasoning, garlic salt and butter, wrapped in foil and on the grill...I will have to say, I will be trying this more often.

And with the talk about La Fin Du Monde I had to try it, and I have to say, I was disappointed they only had a 6-pack at IGA on our way home because I wanted to grab a bunch more!  Very much enjoyed it!

Well, another year has come and gone and I can't say thanks enough to Reggie at 3 Season's Camp who makes sure everything is perfect for everyone while there!!  He always makes sure everything is perfect!

Till next year!

Jig and drift

Nice report and pictures. Like the cooking idea will have to try that.

Greg

Great trip - congrats - looks like you had some good weather also - lots of sunny pics!

Cheers,
   Greg

Oarin

Thanks, great report and pictures. Those were some really nice fish!

Hodgey1

Very nice report @JigginFool . I am beyond envious of two solid weeks in paradise, that is the way to go, if you can do it. Looks like you caught some nice fish. If you get a chance, place a marker on the shared Kipawa map, of where it is that you put your boat in at to go to 3 Seasons, https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i0q7_FP8SmDyGalN6TGk9qZ1u8gHmX-I&usp=sharing or if you describe where it's at, I can do it. The fish prep with tomatoes is one of my favorites after pan fried. Yum!

I'm glad you enjoyed the La Fin du Monde, you may be the first to report that here ;D besides me. Maybe I started a movement?  ??? Hey, two people can begin a movement! Maybe we could get Unibroue to sponsor the site and we could get free swag? Ok, I'm done  ::)  ;D Not quite, JF, you mentioned the IGA only had one sixer left and you mentioned crossing the peace bridge, so I assume you are from the states. The brewer of La Fin is named "Unibroue" with pretty wide distribution in the US. It is typyical sold here in PA "Unfortunately" mostly in 750ml bottles at a very high price. There are a few Beer distributers around me in PA,  that now carry it in 12oz bottled cases at a better price.
Walleye Rock!

T-Bone

Great report...thanks so much for the pics...looks like you had a good couple weeks with the 'eyes. Amazing how they all look the same size, but that 29" is a dandy! Hmmm....ultra-light with 4-pound test and just a hook. Not sure my UL would have enough backbone to even set the hook. In a reality, I'd be too paranoid I'd lose the fish of a lifetime...but then again, may be worth a try.

Thanks again!!!
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

JigginFool

T-Bone -
It's the only thing I use for jigging and I can't say I've had a break off yet.  Last year  I landed a 30" with the same rod and real with 4# Trilene XT, and previous years several 24-28" eyes...sure, now I jinxed myself.

GregL

Nice report.. 2 straight weeks MAN! I'm jealous!!

Utralight & 4lb test is a great set up for eyes with with light jig.

ziggy6

Great report..looks like you also got into a smallmouth..    Great pictures.

JigginFool

@ziggy6 - yeah, we actually kept 4 bass this year to try grinding them and making fish patties which turned out really good, the only thing is we really didn't catch many more which was surprising!  In the past years it was common to catch a dozen or more in a day, but not this year, I never targeted them but picked them up while fishing for walleye.  In a way I wanted to catch more to bring them home and make more patties, we ground them and added seasoning, egg and bread crumbs and grilled them which I would diffidently do again.

limacharley

Nice report. Great pics. Nice to see others cook up walleye in different manner.
My brother is quite the chef and he likes to bbq the fillets too. Maybe we should start a recipe thread??

If you guys like a certain beer, you can contact the store you plan on stopping at and ask them to bring it in for you before your arrival.
I do it often.

Everybody is a genius.
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein

puckster_guy

Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Nancy

Great report @JigginFool ! I love your pics and the ones of the food is so mouth watering.

2 weeks in paradise is definitely the way to go. I believe someone on this board said it once. You may hit bad weather the week you are there but rarely hit 2 weeks in a row of bad weather.