Highway 533

Started by Greg, September 02, 2019, 08:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

Anyone drive highway 533 lately?  If so, how are the road conditions.

Friends of mine are heading to Kipawa at the end of the week and are wondering if they should take a long way around (through North Bay) or take highway 533.

Thx!

Jay Thomas

I drove it both ways in late August without issue. No reason, in my opinion, to avoid 533.

Jay

Greg

Thanks Jay - the reason I ask is both myself and our friends had some damage to our new boats with all the loose rocks flying up - if 533 has a lot of loose rocks - then it isn't worth risking more damage and for saving 25 minutes, it is better to go through North Bay.

Thx,
Greg

Fort Wisers

Hey @Greg I agree with Jay, got back from camp last night, just drove all of 533 a few days ago and it's in good shape.
Only concern now is foggy mornings / nights in the low areas and the occasional moose / bear moving around, both due to the cooler nights recently.

For the future feel free to tag me directly in a post about 533 are we travel it fairly regularly (especially in the summer).
I don't often check the forum when we're north but if you tag me I'll get an email notice and then will hop onto the forum to see what's up.

Cheers, hope your friends have a great trip up and that everyone had a good summer!
Brent

Greg

Thanks Brent - appreciated!!