Trolling Motor Battery

Started by Hodgey1, August 23, 2019, 07:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

"I absolutely hate the fact that internet is available at camp. Where are the youngin's when pap brings them in from fishing? Laying on the couch in the lodge on the wifi…….. Where's my son-in-law after the evening bite? Always in a hurry to grab the wifi and facetime with his family. Even me, dark clouds are forming and off I go to check the weather.

If I was King, I would outlaw internet while at any Canadian camp! Except when I want to check the weather ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D "

LOVE IT!!!  HAHA... my week up there in July just HAPPENS to be when Amazon Prime day happens, and it use to be just 1 day, but nooooo, Amazon has to make more money so they extended it to be TWO amazon prime days in a row - the youngin's had to go see what was on special this hour, then the next... gawd, I wanted to throw the phones in the lake.   How about after supper, cleaning up the dishes, collect the garbage, pick up all the drink cups and cans and put them in the blue box... gawwwwwdddd... all these things seem to end up being my job this year while "have to go check whats happening on prime day"...  I might change my week some time in the future just to avoid amazon day!! HAHA..  but I don't think it would change... they have go to check something.

Greg  (rant over)

GregL

Quote from: Hodgey1 on August 29, 2019, 07:39:43 AM

Many years ago "and much younger" I would pack myself miles into the mountains of Colorado and hunt Elk. Sleeping in a tent on the cold ground for up to 10 days. Frozen coffee water in the mornings, a small can of tuna for lunch and a Ramen noodle cup for dinner. Shoot an Elk? then quarter it up in the field and hang in trees. Then spend the next two days packing it out. This is how I used to spend two weeks a year.

Man that sounds like an AMAZING way to spend 2 weeks!! Bet you came across some amazing trout streams to! I'm gonna have to hear those stories!!!

T-Bone

Have a great trip Hodgey...safe travels. And you know, I'm sure if you ask Brian he'll have a way to charge your TM battery during the night.

Agreed on wifi...
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

Hodgey1

Quote from: GregL on August 29, 2019, 08:26:17 AM
Man that sounds like an AMAZING way to spend 2 weeks!! Bet you came across some amazing trout streams to! I'm gonna have to hear those stories!!!

All work, from the time you leave the driveway, until you return after 26 straight hours on the road, with hundreds of pounds of elk meat that you now have to process. I enjoyed the adventures of it all, but I'm way beyond ever doing it again. Maybe someday i'll do it again, with an outfitter, with a drop camp, cots, wood stove, and horses. Oh and they quarter, pack out and process the dang thing!
Walleye Rock!

Hodgey1

Quote from: T-Bone on August 29, 2019, 09:06:16 AM
Have a great trip Hodgey...safe travels. And you know, I'm sure if you ask Brian he'll have a way to charge your TM battery during the night.

Agreed on wifi...

Thanks T!
Walleye Rock!

GregL

Quote from: Hodgey1 on August 29, 2019, 09:31:06 AM
Quote from: GregL on August 29, 2019, 08:26:17 AM

All work, from the time you leave the driveway, until you return after 26 straight hours on the road, with hundreds of pounds of elk meat that you now have to process. I enjoyed the adventures of it all, but I'm way beyond ever doing it again. Maybe someday i'll do it again, with an outfitter, with a drop camp, cots, wood stove, and horses. Oh and they quarter, pack out and process the dang thing!

I'm in! LOL!

RHYBAK

GregL

Buy one of these.
Bring it into camp
Put all the cell phones in the jar and set the timer to open at a certain time every day

/Kitchen-Safe-Locking-Container-Height/dp/B00JGFQVR6/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=locking+jar&qid=1567107639&s=gateway&sr=8-8
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle