Watson Lake Cabins Oct. 4-12

Started by Teach, October 15, 2019, 04:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teach

Leaf Peepers: a person who visits particular areas to view the autumn foliage.

What an outstanding week.  Call it good luck or call it karma.  We had an fabulous time! 
I am always impressed when I read most of your posts and you can retell your adventures with such detail and specificity.  When I reflect on the week it is just a blur and general descriptions is all I can give. 

Most mornings greeted us with heavy frost and one morning we had ice in a water bucket.  The cold air and warmer water makes for heavy fog when the wind does not blow. 

Most afternoons warmed to around 60 degrees F.

Overall the fishing was fair.  We had two days that the fish cooperated with good numbers and decent size.  The rest of the time we had to work hard and be persistent to catch them.  We caught fish as shallow as 16 feet and as deep as 50 feet.  Water temperature was about 55 degrees F. 

One morning, out of the fog, appeared a wolf at the lake shore.  Friday night after dark the wolfs commenced to howling.  The loons are still around, but not real talkative. 

The highlight of the trip was the foliage, so here are some more pics.

Greg

Wow, so awesome to see that in the fall - I want to go to the area one fall and see the colours and fall fish.

Congrats on a great looking trip!

Greg

Jig and drift

I have been looking forward to your report and pictures since your earlier report. I have always wanted to see the area in the fall and you have provide that window. We are a few years away from the fall trip but this has gotten me looking forward to it even more. The wolf experience is amazing. Hope you got a good look. We saw a lynx  a few years back and it was a once in a lifetime moment. That's why these trips are so cool, you never know what you will experience each trip.   Great pics. Thanks so much!

Jay Thomas

Thanks for sharing another great trip experience. Loved your pictures.

Jay

Tree cutter

Man that perch on the table looks like it ready to explode. It’s almost as fat as the walleyes

NovarDave

Another great report Teach.  Thanks for sharing.

RoK

Thanks Teach. No need to retell in detail when you have such great pics.
Cheers, Ron

T-Bone

Nice report...and some really nice 'eyes. Looks like a great trip...thanks for sharing.
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

Oarin

Thanks,Teach, I really enjoyed the pictures. Nice looking eyes!