3 Seasons June 14-21st

Started by pike mike, June 24, 2014, 09:03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pike mike

Returned for our 15th (or 16th??)year to another great week with our host Reg. Water was high and warmer than expected (69' in some places). Mother nature was behind in some ways and ahead in others .Weather was unsettled all week with a few nights getting down to 5' C . With the unsettled weather we as a group never found a large number of bigger pickerel but caught many many nice fish none the less . Unlike JLG who found some larger eyes . 4 feeds of nice fresh pickerel were greatly enjoyed by our group of 5 . A few cloudy rain filled days provided good day time fishing primarily in hidden lake . Pike were not active in shoreline structure as per our usual but were found more trolling spoons deep . I caught a 7lb 14oz monster at the mouth of a small main lake tributary .We found some nice lakers along a different deep water rock wall face than most fish with my young son bringing in a 6.5lb beauty.Our group members saw a bear and two moose on different occasions .As always Reg was great as were the facilities ,equipment and our week overall .Reg posted a selection of my varied photographs on the 3 Seasons Fb page

Dog

thanks for sharing! I've added your report to the master index and I'd love to see pictures of those two monsters so I guess I'll have to check out the 3 seasons fb page later...
One more cast...

600 miles north

Thanks for the report! I am definitely getting the itch to head north with reports starting to flow in now...

Brad
600 miles north is where I'd rather be!

johnny walleye

pike mike

Sorry ,forgot to add a bug report .The black flies were bearable , the skitters were thick ,especially at 10-11pm and the deer flies were jsut starting to get warmed up

pike mike

Matthew's 6 lb 6 oz lake trout

john c

Matthew has a very nice lake trout there.  Something to be proud of.

John
Smile, every one will wonder what you have been up to.

pike mike

My 7lb 14 oz northern (Really have to down size my photo file sizes)

pike mike

A nice stringer

pike mike

Natures artwork 

jackalofnar

Looks like the fish decided to cooperate.   :)

SgtCrabby

Thanks for sharing!
That is a pretty lake trout.  I bet he is still excited.

johnny walleye