Looking for Info on Lots for Sales - - Lac McLachlin

Started by T-Bone, February 17, 2020, 10:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hodgey1

Walleye Rock!

T-Bone

Got your attention, eh Hodgey? You pick which one you like best. We'll split it.  ;)
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

Greg

Hodgey, Tbone - I'm in!!!  Would love to buy a lot and start from scratch, but just not sure I have the energy.

Greg

puckster_guy

Quote from: Greg on February 19, 2020, 02:26:41 PM
Hodgey, Tbone - I'm in!!!  Would love to buy a lot and start from scratch, but just not sure I have the energy.

Greg
Your right. It's a lot of work and money. It feels like it never ends. But anyway lots of beer and fishing trips between jobs.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

limacharley

Fractional ownership could work for some people.
Depends on the time off (profession) you have and your families' support.

I know a lot people who have fish camps/hunt camps that work that way.
Everybody is a genius.
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein

limacharley

Quote from: Hodgey1 on February 18, 2020, 06:24:19 PM
This place is still for sale, I think it was posted last fall. $175k CAD $132K USD

https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/21026965/1-lac-grindstone-les-lacs-du-témiscamingue

This is the place from last year where they were asking $215k
It looks really nice but that's still a lot of coin at $175k
Fractional ownership....
Everybody is a genius.
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein

puckster_guy

To me it's simple  and comes down to how badly do you want it? My life has been a whirlwind of working a family grocery business, driving trucks and finally the last 20 yrs in an airplane factory. Mostly sucking up all the overtime I could get working 6&7 days a week while my ex stayed home with the kids. This only covered day to day bills, my hockey once a week the kids sports and activities and a boat in a marina on Georgian Bay. Which to me was my cottage lol. The whole time dreaming of owning a cottage in the Muskokas. Well a nasty layoff in 2002 coincided with a separation from my ex and a small settlement from selling off our house. An equitable 75-25% split of assets I worked so hard for. Picked myself up and dusted off. When I got back to work I used what bread I had plus some family money to buy a house which I kept for a few years as the kids wanted to live with me. Once they moved out to start their own lives the cottage dream came back to haunt me. I still had my boat on Georgian Bay. This whole time I was living in the Barrie area and my new girl friend wanted to move back to Toronto. Which turned out to be a blessing. Long story short. Sold house at a small profit, Searched all over Ontario for an affordable lot as I couldn't afford a place with a structure on it and found nothing for less then $200k. With about a $100k in my pocket from selling the house and setting up in a cheap condo in a 50 yr old building in T.O. A little bird whispered in my ear to check out Temiscaming the place I used to hunt and fish in many, many yrs ago. I found Red Pine, fell in Love and set up with a 10 yr old 5th wheel camper/trailer for $70-80K. This was a 5 hour drive with a very rough road at the end. Much further then I ever wanted to go. With what little I had left plus some inheritance money I built my camp. I have now reached the end of my tether and an tired and fed up and am gonna coast into oblivion at my camp on Kipawa. You guys know how I built the lot up. Now that I'm retired my routine is 2 weeks north and 2 weeks south all summer long. BTW I'm meeting LC at my camp this weekend as I'm gonna be there for a week. SO> HOW BADLY DO YOU WANT IT????
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Brian

Cabin for sale. Alwaki lodge outpost. Quebec lease since 1971. For info contact Brian Douglas at
Briandouglas@alwakilodge.com

smitty55

Quote from: Brian on February 23, 2020, 07:51:18 PM
Cabin for sale. Alwaki lodge outpost. Quebec lease since 1971. For info contact Brian Douglas at
Briandouglas@alwakilodge.com

Wow, just think Brian no more runs up Turtle Chute anymore. Between that and maintaining the outpost cottage that's a pile of time and work. Good luck with the sale. Just curious how much property comes with the lease? Cheers

Greg

Wow.  Brian - you have put so much into that cabin - and what a location.   

Have to say I'm surprised to read this.  Is it listed anywhere or just private word of mouth for now?

I'm down south enjoying some sun - I have some lottery tickets in my wallet which I will check next week - if I win (some big money) - you will be in my top 10 call list.

Cheers..

Greg (136 days I think)

Brian

Just word of mouth so far .  I am in Florida until the end on March. We will start to advertise the cabin in May when we can show it.

Greg

I took some decent pictures when I stopped in their last July after you told me about all the new work you put into it and our group was debating trying it out a future year - let me know if you would like those and I can send them to you.

We head home from Mexico tomorrow so can send them as early as Sunday.

Greg