Getting anxious

Started by Greg, March 04, 2020, 09:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

Well March is here and some milder weather is finally here and I am starting to think about getting my boat back in 4 to 6 weeks and what equipment and tackle I need to purchase and get ready for the season and our Kipawa trip in July.

I am headed to the Peterborough fishing show on March 15th with a little list in my pocket.  This is the show that used to be in Bowmanville but it has grown so much they needed a larger venue.  Anybody else heading to the Peterborough show??

What are others doing to prepare for spring and your Kipawa trip(s)????

T-Bone

Simply counting days. I have more gear than I could ever need.

77/141
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

Greg

I agree T-Bone - I have more gear than I could ever use, but yet, the flashy coloured tackle, rods and reels keep calling out to meeeee!!!!   AHHHHH - make it stop!!! 

HA... who am I kidding, I love it.  I hardly drink, never smoke, and fishing is my main hobby so why not. I love buying tackle.

Hodgey1

Quote from: Greg on March 05, 2020, 05:24:44 PM
HA... who am I kidding, I love it. I love buying tackle.

You have zero future in politics Greg!  ;D You told the truth!  ;D
Walleye Rock!

limacharley

I am looking for pencil weights as the majority of time I'm fishing drop shot style. 1/8 oz and 1/4 oz
I only troll in the spring as they are often scattered after the spawn and I've got plenty of crankbaits.
But if I'm near a Cabela's or a Sail and happen to look in the bargain bin and see fancy colored cranks….they seem to call my name....pick me, pick me !
Everybody is a genius.
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein

Gordo2270

June 13 can't come soon enough

tigh lines

Gordo

puckster_guy

I got a couple of gift cards for bass pro worth a $100. I guess that means I get to spend $200 OR SO...
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)