Where are you from KFF Member?

Started by Hodgey1, July 24, 2020, 12:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hodgey1

Its lunch time and my choices are to drive my truck off a cliff since I'm not going to Canada today or do something fun/productive. Here it is.

So, It has been brought to my attention by another forum member, that there are a lot of people on the forum that are from my neck of the woods. This has gotten me wondering where is everyone from? I have an idea where a lot of the regulars live, but not everyone. This gave me an idea and has prompted me to create a new shared Google Map that we KFF members can add where we all hail from. The map will be able to be edited by you with this link : https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=14l7M4i9o_Hi5xdfw9v3wadplw-_JTW1G&usp=sharing

Here is the description of the map and the general concept: This map is intend to give KFF members a general idea where we are all from. NOT intend to be exact locations, just general locations for safety purposes. Please do not enter your exact location! If you need me to help add your location, please email me at hodgey1@aol.com and give me your general location and I will add it. Note: We can add other States/Province layers as needed. To add your location, zoom into your general location. Next click in the box to the left of the appropriate layer "State/Province" if there's already a check mark there "the layer is active" just click on the left edge of the State/Province layer and a blue line will light. Next up near the search bar, click on the upside down tear drop duflinky,  your cursor will now have an x on it as you move around the map. Click on the map as to where your general location is and a box will appear, then please tag your general location with your KFF user name and first name if you wish to.

As a side note, there has also been some secret squirrel conversations about having a forum gather at some point in time in the future when Pandemics allows. This map should help get a better idea where it would be best centrally located, if it where ever to happen. I for one would be there! Please feel free to reply as to your thoughts on a possible get together some day

If this map is Successful “ I hope it is " maybe it should become a sticky?

Walleye Rock!

Hodgey1

I gave instructions for using a traditional computer. I just looked at the map on my ipad and it is a different process. Please PM or Email me and I can post the location for you if you have any issues. I think 6 or 7 members have already posted their locations. Great start!
Walleye Rock!

Hodgey1

Walleye Rock!

Tree cutter

Hydetown pa for tree cutter feel free to Post

Hodgey1

Thanks @Tree cutter ! You will make 14 people so far.
Walleye Rock!

Gary S

Add Gary S @ Airville, PA. That's south of York, PA.

Hodgey1

Quote from: Gary S on July 26, 2020, 02:52:17 PM
Add Gary S @ Airville, PA. That's south of York, PA.

Thanks @Gary S you’ve been added. 
Walleye Rock!

NortonJoe

@Hodgey1  Can't figure out how to add myself so add me in Norton, Ohio.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau

Hodgey1

Quote from: NortonJoe on July 27, 2020, 08:12:53 AM
@Hodgey1  Can't figure out how to add myself so add me in Norton, Ohio.

Hi @NortonJoe you’ve been added. Thanks for participating! You make 20 members on the map.
Walleye Rock!

Oarin

Hi, Hodgey, Canandaigua,NY.-near Rochester.

TBIRD

Hi Hodgey - Paudash Lake - Near BANCROFT ONTARIO - Thanks, Ray

Chazz

T-Bird we have a cottage near Paudash we're off of Dyno Road

Hodgey1

@Oarin  and @TBIRD you have both been added. Thanks for participating!
Walleye Rock!

Oarin

Jig and drift

Hi Hodgey, easier for the expert to do it. Add me at Avon, Ohio.  Thanks for doing all this !