Dream Boat LOL

Started by Hodgey1, August 01, 2020, 05:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozzy30

Thats a beautiful boat, huge front deck.  That's 80-90k boat around here new.  They are asking almost the same price what I paid for my old 2016 boat with over 500hours on it.

Hodgey1

When I add up the numbers, like @Greg mentioned for items that the boat needs, I could end up pushing $40k USD for a 16 year old boat.... Even though its in beautiful shape from photos. I also found a 2016 Crestliner Authority 2250 with the kicker, but no trolling motor, dealer price of $53k, NADA average retail is $46k. That would probably be a better purchase, since its 11 years newer.

The Crestliner has received decent comments here. It has welded construction vs. riveted is a big difference I see..... Unsure which is preferable or is it a Chevy v Ford thing?
Walleye Rock!

T-Bone

Quote from: Greg on September 21, 2021, 08:04:19 AM
Yes... add a kicker $5k, then a trolling motor (good one now a days is probably $3k) and then some decent front/back fish finders for another $2500 each - plus install, you are up to an additional $13 to 14k pretty quickly.

For $5K in fish finders they should lead you to exactly where the fish are located, spot-mark them, and follow them around the lake like a floating detective casing a criminal. Sheesh...
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

Greg

Ha!  Yes, T-Bone... two fish-finders, in Canadian $$, decent ones (10 to 12 inch) which can be networked and run a new I-pilot trolling motor, with all the cables and necessary networking hubs, along with the NEMA cable to connect to your motor - installed, will run me probably over $15k for my boat...(again in Canadian $$ so more like 11k in US). 

Necessary for my type of weekend and vacation fishing? probably not, but the guys in the big tournament series throughout the US have 4 or 5 units, each one of those in Canada is $4k... before the trolling motor.  It is nuts the cost of these things now.  But do I still want to pull the trigger sometime and get a better network on my boat? Yep, absolutely.  But it will be on a controlled budget.

Greg

GregL

Quote from: Hodgey1 on September 21, 2021, 07:24:40 AM
I'm Still looking...... boats have been few and far between/non existent.

I just came across this old, yet gently used "Supposedly"

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/boa/d/lockport-2005-lund-pro-1900-ips-hull/7382987067.html

The owner says only used in inland waters. If thats true, it hasn't been pounded in Lake Erie the last 15 years. 15 years is old, but this looks like a cream puff. As long as the hours are right and the hull isnt beat to piss, buy it and upgrade the electronic, add a trolling motor and I have a sweet ride..... Maybe?

I would really have the transom inspected! There has been many transom issues on aluminum boats over the past few years. My 2012 Alaskan had a rotten transom because of the wood they used. They completely replaced the transom under it's warranty. Was a very easy process to get this done but if your the second owner there is no warranty.

GregL

Quote from: Greg on September 21, 2021, 09:33:58 AM
Ha!  Yes, T-Bone... two fish-finders, in Canadian $$, decent ones (10 to 12 inch) which can be networked and run a new I-pilot trolling motor, with all the cables and necessary networking hubs, along with the NEMA cable to connect to your motor - installed, will run me probably over $15k for my boat...(again in Canadian $$ so more like 11k in US). 

Necessary for my type of weekend and vacation fishing? probably not, but the guys in the big tournament series throughout the US have 4 or 5 units, each one of those in Canada is $4k... before the trolling motor.  It is nuts the cost of these things now.  But do I still want to pull the trigger sometime and get a better network on my boat? Yep, absolutely.  But it will be on a controlled budget.

Greg

I was at FishnTech in Quebec picking up my replacement Ulterra. Yup you read that correctly! Minn Kota completely replaced my 2019 Ulterra with a 2021 model under warranty!...

Anyways, the guys were telling me some of the rigging jobs they do include graphs,tms, power poles etc.. can run up and over $35,000! OUCH!

Hodgey1

Quote from: GregL on September 21, 2021, 10:39:20 AM
rigging jobs they do include graphs,tms, power poles etc.. can run up and over $35,000! OUCH!

I need a different line of work apparently.  ???
Walleye Rock!

Hodgey1

All of a sudden, I am seeing more boats for sale ??? A 2018 Lund Pro V with the kicker & trolling motor.

At 19' 10" Long and foam filled, does this get me into a boat I can fell somewhat safe taking grand children onto Lake Erie? I always feel like a cork in a ocean when I'm out in my 16.5' and wont take them with me. That is the main reason for shopping for a larger boat.

Walleye Rock!

Hodgey1

Its a bit more "ok, a lot more" than I was wanting to spend.......... but seems to be nearly the perfect boat for me. I have to speak with my Household Finance Minister "Wife" if she gives me the green light to look at it, I may buy it. I should have @Ozzy30 talk with her ???

My only concern is the size, is it large enough to be out in the big lake when the weather kicks up. As I have mentioned somewhere in this thread, I would never launch into rough water, but would want to be ok if things turned while out there in the abyss of Lake Erie to get back to shore safely with my grand kids..

2018 Lund 1975 Pro V Sport ( bought new in July 2019)
2018 Mercury Verado 225 HP w/warranty until 2022 138 Hours on Motor
Tandem Trailer with Trick Step trailer mounted steps for easy access when boat is on the trailer
Kicker 2019 Mercury 15 HP ELPT w/warranty
Mercury Smartcraft (in dash)
Minnkota Ulterra 112 DI 60" w/Ipilot
Minnkota 4 bank precision charger
Lowrance Live 12" at dash
Lowrance up front
Binimi Top
Berts Track both side (rod holders not included)
4 side mount rod holders (included)
$50,000 USD

Walleye Rock!

Ozzy30

Thats a beauty boat and designed for big water.  That is bigger than my boat and would be perfect to get you back to the launch on the big lake.  If the big lakes are blowing even real big boats have a hard time but I would feel safe with that under my butt if it blew up.  I have hockey with my young lad tonight but I could call her tomorrow hodgey if you want. :D

plowjock

That is one very safe, sound boat for Big Water. You won't be disappointed. Price wise, darn close to a steal. My friend runs that same boat for his guiding service and have been in it a couple of times. I'll guarantee you, it will be the last boat you ever buy. No problems with the transom as they are now the new material instead of wood. Hope your Minister of Finance agrees to you purchasing such a fantastic vessel.

GregL

That's an awesome boat! Here in Canada, your main graph and tm would be close to or over 10g just for those 2 items! RUN don't WALK to it! LOL!

225HP.. man you are gonna fly!!

Hodgey1

So, I made an appointment to speak with the Household Finance Minister  "HFM" last night . Being the busy lady that she is and holding such a positon of power, she allowed only a few minutes  of her time.

I came at the HFM with this well honed pitch:

• Saved money on fish purchases
  • Saved money on CAD gas "51gal US fuel capacity"
  • Dry rides to Alwaki
  • Lessened chance for Melanoma from having a Bimini top
  • Quicker spot changes when on a bad fishing location
  • Her own live well
  • Air ride seats
  • Stereo System

I was shocked when not one made her excited to lay down ridiculous sums of family money. Then it came to me....... the grand kids. "Honey....Think about the tube we could pull" The HFM ,lifted a brow and with a whisper said "tube" I said YEA, a tube... we'll now have loads of HP baby and a ski pole to tow it. Long pause.............She get out of the chair and with check book in hand, she shrieks "HIT THE BUY BUTTON!"

Ok, the truth  ::) I have a hand shake deal to purchase the 2018 1975 Lund Pro V. Yea baby! Transfer occurring this coming Wednesday. My wife and I traveled 50 miles to look at it last night, made an offer, they accepted. I took it for a quick whirl around the shallow lake they launched it into, loads of weeds. My wife is a saint, for putting up with me and my expensive hobbies. My real pitch to her was, I will sell my Lund Rebel, I sold my sleds last year and enclosed trailer. I hit a deer last year on my scooter and now ready to sell it and I also reminded her i will be dead soon...... She replied. Not soon enough  ???
Walleye Rock!

Captain Steve

CONGRATS HODGEY!  i THINK YOU HAVE A KEEPER! (PLUS THE NEW BOAT) LOL!!!!

Ozzy30

That was one heck of a pitch.  Pretty close to the same one I had this year with the purchase of the cottage and new boat.  But we are going to look really good next year on lake kipawa.  Congrats