20-29 Jun Lake Hebert Trip Report

Started by Jay Thomas, July 01, 2014, 02:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Thomas

Hi Nate:

While I'm generally aware of the approximate number of walleye my fishing partner and I catch on a trip, I certainly don't keep an accurate account or write down each days tally. However, one of the veterans (10 years + on Lac Hebert) on our trip is a numbers guy. He would rather catch 100 walleye 10 to 20 inches than catch 20 walleye 18-22 inches. Quantity, not quality is what turns his crank. That's just what makes him tick. 

RHYBAK

While all of us enjoy fishing, I'm not surprised that some enjoy it differently than others. To each his own.

Jay

RHYBAK

Sorry Jay
I didn't mean to offend anybody.

Man I got grouchy when I turned 60
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

johnny walleye

a boat load of walleye ,might have to start pounding jigs, thanks Jay.

CaptainCrappie

T Bone. The Knuckle Ball jigs that Jay mentioned are a bit unique in that after tipping with live bait or plastic, the hook's gap is not compromised.  It's more of a stand-up jig with a curved rocker type shape.  As with any jig, they'll get wedged in the rocks if you're fishin on the bottom.  I stumbled across them several years ago, have used them, and caught a few with them. You being a solid jig man, ya gotta check em out!  After seeing them, picture the jig with a leech or half a crawler and I'll bet your jig total will go up! If you are a bit ornery like me, and if your fishin partner isn't catching em and you are....One more goat is got!

C.C.

You don't get these days back.  Live each day as if it were your last and one day you will be right.