Border Closure to mid-2021

Started by BigChief, August 13, 2020, 01:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBIRD

Hi T-Bone - RE: Bay of Quinte

I live about 1.5 hours north of the Bay of Quinte - excellent open water and ice fishing for Walleye (HUGE Walleye). Check Bay of Quinte ice fishing on line - many outfitters. Only issues in the winter are ice conditions - it's a huge body of water and mild winters can make things iffy.

RHYBAK

Quote from: BigChief on August 17, 2020, 11:33:04 AM
Quote from: limacharley on August 14, 2020, 11:20:09 AM
Quote from: BigChief on August 14, 2020, 09:50:03 AM
@limacharley - groceries, leeches and beer are brought with me. Gas is paid by card at the pump. So the only contact is with a border official who can choose to touch my passport or view the information as I hold it up to them.

And you of course would leave your germs in the outfitters cabin, in his boat etc....

Chief Warrant Officer in the Army eh??? How did you rise to that rank if you didn't follow orders??
The outfitters have a plan in place for cleaning the cabins. It's obviously working if they have Canadian customers. And I have my own boat, so no worries there.

As for following orders, you obviously don't know what Warrant Officers are then.

But at no point in this discussion did I ever say I don't social distance or wear a mask when needed. I just said I don't live in fear or stay in my house the whole time.
I started the post as a simple discussion about the possibility of the border being closed into 2021 and how it would affect both sides of the border. I was not the one that started accusations or name-calling.

@Hodgey1 like the stats, the US media definitely never shows things like that.

BigChief

Granted.
You follow orders.
You follow protocol.
Prove it at the border.
You have over 200 million residence in the US.
Your numbers are high.
Mayor and Governors are concerned about the actual numbers.
How do you expect to have the borders open and prove that you are a safe person.
The bad apples are spoiling the whole bushel.
Good citizens like yourself have to suffer the actions of the many.
Borders are closed, Fishing is put on hold.
No body died. Life goes on.
See you in Smith bay next June.
I'm the one with the dark Gray LUND that was parked at the point two years ago

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

BigChief

@RHYBAK I hope to see you there next June. I am tentatively scheduled for June 12-19.
And good luck on your September trip if you are still going.

RHYBAK

Thank You
Yes my September trip is still on

Next june, we are in the week after you

NortonJoe

Do we have to do this on this site?  :-X
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau

RHYBAK

Joe

I think this thread has lived it cycle and Topic is dead now