Yay...after over a decade we have found a camp!

Started by knuckles, August 16, 2020, 09:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knuckles

I am typing this post with a tremendous smile. We are happy to announce that after many years of searching, and patiently waiting we have purchased a camp to call our own.

For those that know the area surrounding Corbeau, we now own the old farm at sunnyside!

The place has brush chest high and needs a ton of work but the views are stunning, there are very few camps around, and it is very central to many great fishing spots.

We have many plans for the old spot. There is a ton of history there as it was the site for the old lumberjack farm. At one time there were 200 horses there. I was told that in the old days there were 5 buildings there.

Its water access yet there is the possibility of opening up a road in the future.

For those that know the area...if you see a black Lund boat parked feel free to stop in for a cold beer...although we may put you to work...just kidding.

For my American friends, we hope that next year things get back to normal and we will see you soon.

Once we get some time we will post some pics for you all to see.

Stay safe everyone....may your lines always be tight and your drinks cold....unless you drink red wine..

Cheers....Stu

puckster_guy

Congrats Stu and Erin. I can't wait to see it. Just so you know I will work for beer and steak... ;) :D
Post pictures  :)
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Oarin

That's great, Stu. Can't wait for the pictures and more on the history.

Brian

Congrats on your purchase. You will be one our closest neighbours . If there is anything you need
We are not far away.  Brian.  Alwaki Lodge.

Hodgey1

Congratulations, thats exciting. Thanks for the kind words to us south of the border, i look forward to stopping by for that beer.
Walleye Rock!

T-Bone

Congrats Knuckles!!!! Well earned...and absolutely one of the most beautiful pieces of property on the lake, in my opinion. I've always said "I want to buy that place someday," and have several pictures of me and some of my guys checking it out. So peaceful there...and some of the best fishing within a 1/2 mile of there...if that. Throw for 'eyes off the dock all day long.

We'll be sure to stop by the next time we're up there...we pass it about 6x per day at least when staying at Alwaki.

Cheers to you!!!

Embrace every moment...you only get it once

TBIRD

WOW - Congratulations Stu:
I'm sure if I could look into a mirror - my face is Green (with envy) - Like T-Bone my favorite spot on the lake; couldn't begin to count the hours, I've fished there - we'll be by your "new place" this coming weekend and check for the Lund - very happy for you & your Family :)

Cheers! Ray.

Greg

Congrats Knuckles - I hope to be on the lake in 33 days (Sept 18).  I will look for the lund also.

I am very jealous - and you certainly have a lot work ahead of you.

Greg

smitty55

Sounds like a dream come true, big time congrats on having your patience finally pay off. The hub is by far my favorite area of the lake as well. Google Earth still shows old roads coming out to Sunnyside from the north and also have a place out at the point called Le Boiler (the boiler). Is that part of the original farmstead? Then again Google maps shows Kelly Bay as Baie Diot and Baie a Joe.
One thing for sure, it will be a labour of love.

knuckles

Quote from: Brian on August 16, 2020, 12:01:10 PM
Congrats on your purchase. You will be one our closest neighbours . If there is anything you need
We are not far away.  Brian.  Alwaki Lodge.

Hi Brian..looking forward to meeting you sometime. My wife had been going to Alwaki for years back when Carl and Mary ran it. We found out about the camp thru Gus and Dixie. Actually Mary had told us that she helped the former owner of sunnyside purchase the place years ago. It just seemed like this was meant to happen. I do actually have one question for you...any chance you have a contact for a barge service. It appears we will need one perhaps early next season. We would like to stay in touch with our few neighbors i will send you our contact info for future use..thanks for the kind words Stu and Erin.

knuckles

Quote from: T-Bone on August 16, 2020, 01:50:58 PM
Congrats Knuckles!!!! Well earned...and absolutely one of the most beautiful pieces of property on the lake, in my opinion. I've always said "I want to buy that place someday," and have several pictures of me and some of my guys checking it out. So peaceful there...and some of the best fishing within a 1/2 mile of there...if that. Throw for 'eyes off the dock all day long.

We'll be sure to stop by the next time we're up there...we pass it about 6x per day at least when staying at Alwaki.

Cheers to you!!!

Thanks Tbone looking forward to meeting everyone

knuckles

Quote from: TBIRD on August 16, 2020, 02:42:47 PM
WOW - Congratulations Stu:
I'm sure if I could look into a mirror - my face is Green (with envy) - Like T-Bone my favorite spot on the lake; couldn't begin to count the hours, I've fished there - we'll be by your "new place" this coming weekend and check for the Lund - very happy for you & your Family :)

Cheers! Ray.

Awe crap looks like we will miss meeting you. We wont be up for a few weeks. Good luck with the fishing..actually you will not need luck, as the fishing has been really good this year....for us...18 to 20ft...has been quite productive...

knuckles

Quote from: Greg on August 16, 2020, 06:55:31 PM
Congrats Knuckles - I hope to be on the lake in 33 days (Sept 18).  I will look for the lund also.

I am very jealous - and you certainly have a lot work ahead of you.

Greg

Hi greg...we should be up the day after you.
We will be staying just around the corner while we start clearing out the brush and a few mice..lol

We have some friends coming up so we chose to stay in comfort with warm showers etc while we work. So it wil be a work and fishing week.

However we do like to enjoy our beverages so if you see us about  feel free to stop in.

Looking forward to getting back there

knuckles

Quote from: smitty55 on August 16, 2020, 10:57:13 PM
Sounds like a dream come true, big time congrats on having your patience finally pay off. The hub is by far my favorite area of the lake as well. Google Earth still shows old roads coming out to Sunnyside from the north and also have a place out at the point called Le Boiler (the boiler). Is that part of the original farmstead? Then again Google maps shows Kelly Bay as Baie Diot and Baie a Joe.
One thing for sure, it will be a labour of love.

Not sure but i always thought the boiler was the small island in front. The next bigger island has a  friends camp on it where we will be staying in a few weeks while we clear some brush. Over by that side we saw an old sunnyside sign that we hope to refurbish.

knuckles

Quote from: puckster_guy on August 16, 2020, 10:07:17 AM
Congrats Stu and Erin. I can't wait to see it. Just so you know I will work for beer and steak... ;) :D
Post pictures  :)

Lol..hey my friend..can't wait to get you up past lake grindstone. You could stop at Lucs place on the way. Its a nice ride with lots of good fishing spots along the way. I can always stop in and show you the way..or you may want to take your time and explore around. All my pics are over the 128kb limit for this site...how do i post them?