New App

Started by plowjock, April 11, 2022, 09:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizard King

@puckster_guy, yeah I use tech for jigging.  Just to know where anchor is planted and the boat swing depths.
Trolling….I look at depth when my back is to shoreline.  1. Not to veer off course too much.  2. To keep (or try to keep) my fishing partner from getting snagged lol. 
We do fair amount of open water trolling so it’s not even on.

puckster_guy

Quote from: Lizard King on April 26, 2022, 02:59:31 PM
@puckster_guy, yeah I use tech for jigging.  Just to know where anchor is planted and the boat swing depths.
Trolling….I look at depth when my back is to shoreline.  1. Not to veer off course too much.  2. To keep (or try to keep) my fishing partner from getting snagged lol. 
We do fair amount of open water trolling so it’s not even on.
I have a chart plotting Garmin. I have found spots the locals don't even know about in my mapping quest. The depth finder tells me where the fish are concentrated. They go deeper as the year progresses. I split my time between jigging (for numbers) or trolling just to be out there. I too am having good luck trolling very deep water while flatlining deeper runners. Especially as it's getting dark. I use a ripplin redfin in shallow water close to shore as well with pretty good luck. I have one spot where lakers will almost come to the surface to chase a trolled lure as I'm looking for pike and walleye. No bass here ...yet!
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)