Slip bobber

Started by Hodgey1, August 18, 2020, 07:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattie

I've really picked up on them the last 4 or so years. always keep one rigged on the boat now when I snap a jig off and don't want to re-tie. . Rhybak got me into it with his advice years back.   Rubber stop so much better then green sting ties with line tubes.. I use these at home all the time now crappie fishing. Have had success with shallow fish in the evening on Kipawa. Have also fished them deeper and have picked up fish. always fun seeing the fish take the bobber and timing the hook set. I do agree with getting larger fish many times this way.

plowjock

Ira, this is the same Tom Boley I mentioned with his App. Walleye Now. Another little piece of information with using the slip bobber and Tom mentions it, is putting a small sliding weight on your line to get right back down quickly. This weight is placed just above the swivel on your line, 3/16, 1/4, 3/8 oz depending on how deep you are fishing. Also not mentioned is using a small slip loop knot to secure your jighead to line. I know, I have always used a Palomar knot to secure my jighhead to my line but the reasoning being is if your Palomar knot gets off the centre of the top of the eye on your jighead, your jighead will hang at an angle, where with a small loop knot tied on to jighead the line will always??? hang from the top centre of the eye and be parallel to the bottom of lake about a foot or two above. I've also heard a lot about this from Crappie fishing videos and ice fishing vids.

Kyle Skelding

Tom Boley has a lot of great walleye content. I have also found the slip bobber to be very effective over the last 5 years at kipawa. Great way to get shallow or if you're in a spot with moving water, letting it drift. Bobber hook sets are a lot of fun.