Favorite Beverage While at Kipawa

Started by Hodgey1, August 27, 2020, 11:29:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

limacharley

My brother and I have been drinking IPAs for awhile now. Muskoka Detour, Mad Tom, Red Racer, Octopus Wants to Fight, Boxing Bruin, Thar Be Hops etc...You get the picture.
Tried drinking a Coors Light recently and it tasted so sweet. Yuck.

I'm staying on the DARK SIDE>>..
Everybody is a genius.
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein

fishtildark

On my earlier trips to Quebec we were pretty much a Labatts bleue crew . Over the years we threw in a few variations like Labatts 50, Moosehead and Molson Canadian. Finally morphed into mostly Canadian but its been two years since I had a Canadian north of the border and I really believe Coors has screwed up the "imported" version. so when I buy here I am back to Bleue and probably will also when and if I get to cross border again. Incidently , 50  was my favorite to sneak out of the fridge on the family vacations when I was a teen...That said, we also have started a bloody Mary routine with breakfast after the morning walleye troll. I make mine with Absolute and Jack prefers gin . The mix is usually a mix of Mr and Mrs T and Zing Zang. with the Zing zang there is no need for additional tabasco.  At one point I took a bloody merry out on the late morning trout excursion but a little too much for a fishing beverage so reverted back to beer. As to the craft beers, i am not a fan of alot of hops which seems to be a constant between them.
was wondering if anyone else drinks Canadian and have they noticed a difference?
So many lures and so little time.

T-Bone

Quote from: Hodgey1 on September 07, 2020, 03:32:12 PM
Part of the Todd’s Craft beer issue probably stems from having been around serious craft beer guys, drinking black belt type beers “10% ABV Belgians or Massively  Hopped IPA’s” Those should be steered away from by anyone sticking their toe in the waters of different beers. Get your feet wet with a great pale ale or similarly mild beer in the 4.5-5.0% ABV range. Also decanting into glassware is a must! 

I may have ruined Todd by feeding him one of those Black Belt beers and I am sorry if I have contributed to your Craft beer distaste.

You didn't ruin anything Hodgey...no worries. And my only issue with craft beer is that 98% of the time it tastes bad, doesn't quench your thirst, and usually illicits a stomach ache followed by a headache...even if only drinking a couple (which is all you can ever drink as they're commonly like drinking a 2" pork chop or beef roast).

Bleue tastes greats, satisfies your thirst, and rarely causes any post-drinking ill effects...unless you surpass 18 in a day.  :o

Embrace every moment...you only get it once

NortonJoe

I love, love, love craft beers.  I love, love, love a cold Labatt Bleue or Molson Canadian on a hot day.  So there ya have it...I love, love, love, beer...
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau

Hodgey1

Quote from: NortonJoe on September 08, 2020, 02:12:10 PM
I love, love, love craft beers.  I love, love, love a cold Labatt Bleue or Molson Canadian on a hot day.  So there ya have it...I love, love, love, beer...

Amen Brother Joe! I could not agree more. Beer is proof that god love us.  8)
Walleye Rock!

Netman

We usually have some Coors light or similar beer, along with Labatts Bleue, and a case of craft IPA(Bells 2 hearted, or a Dog Fish Head 75 min. are favorites of mine). I agree with @Muchadoaboutnothin on the Eagle Rare Bourbon, it is perfect for those late night star gazing times!

Graphite

I agree with you on Canadian not tasting like it used to.  When we were up last year my brother in-law and me both bought a case at the IGA along with Some blues and 50. We were a little disappointed in the Canadian being almost syrupy. Don't get me wrong we managed to drink it all, but it wasn't the same. 

Fort Wisers

GregL

Fort Wisers

Hodgey1

Quote from: Fort Wisers on September 29, 2020, 04:41:57 PM
Quote from: GregL on September 29, 2020, 09:42:13 AM
I'll give my vote to Guinness and 40 Creek Reserve :)

Quote from: Fort Wisers on September 21, 2020, 11:59:16 AM
Wisers Rye or Guinness

UMMMMMMMMM

I can attest to the 40 Creek Copper Pot being awesome! Thanks @GregL for turning me on to it, great Canadian Whiskey. The Guinness I can take or leave, I'm one and done with it.   If im going to drink a Stout, Samuel Smith's Oatmeal stout can not be beat, if you like a sweeter, not so heavy stout, you'll love it. Oh and it's made by my people, the English! LOL!
Walleye Rock!