Author Topic: Favorite Beverage While at Kipawa  (Read 735 times)

Offline limacharley

• North Bay Machining Centre Inc
Re: Favorite Beverage While at Kipawa
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2020, 09:20:18 AM »
My brother and I have been drinking IPAs for awhile now. Muskoka Detour, Mad Tom, Red Racer, Octopus Wants to Fight, Boxing Bruin, Thar Be Hops etc...You get the picture.
Tried drinking a Coors Light recently and it tasted so sweet. Yuck.

I'm staying on the DARK SIDE>>..
Everybody is a genius.
But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein

Offline fishtildark

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2020, 09:51:30 AM »
On my earlier trips to Quebec we were pretty much a Labatts bleue crew . Over the years we threw in a few variations like Labatts 50, Moosehead and Molson Canadian. Finally morphed into mostly Canadian but its been two years since I had a Canadian north of the border and I really believe Coors has screwed up the "imported" version. so when I buy here I am back to Bleue and probably will also when and if I get to cross border again. Incidently , 50  was my favorite to sneak out of the fridge on the family vacations when I was a teen...That said, we also have started a bloody Mary routine with breakfast after the morning walleye troll. I make mine with Absolute and Jack prefers gin . The mix is usually a mix of Mr and Mrs T and Zing Zang. with the Zing zang there is no need for additional tabasco.  At one point I took a bloody merry out on the late morning trout excursion but a little too much for a fishing beverage so reverted back to beer. As to the craft beers, i am not a fan of alot of hops which seems to be a constant between them.
was wondering if anyone else drinks Canadian and have they noticed a difference?
So many lures and so little time.

Offline T-Bone

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2020, 10:48:00 AM »
Part of the Todd’s Craft beer issue probably stems from having been around serious craft beer guys, drinking black belt type beers “10% ABV Belgians or Massively  Hopped IPA’s” Those should be steered away from by anyone sticking their toe in the waters of different beers. Get your feet wet with a great pale ale or similarly mild beer in the 4.5-5.0% ABV range. Also decanting into glassware is a must! 

I may have ruined Todd by feeding him one of those Black Belt beers and I am sorry if I have contributed to your Craft beer distaste.

You didn't ruin anything Hodgey...no worries. And my only issue with craft beer is that 98% of the time it tastes bad, doesn't quench your thirst, and usually illicits a stomach ache followed by a headache...even if only drinking a couple (which is all you can ever drink as they're commonly like drinking a 2" pork chop or beef roast).

Bleue tastes greats, satisfies your thirst, and rarely causes any post-drinking ill effects...unless you surpass 18 in a day.  :o

Embrace every moment...you only get it once

Offline NortonJoe

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2020, 02:12:10 PM »
I love, love, love craft beers.  I love, love, love a cold Labatt Bleue or Molson Canadian on a hot day.  So there ya have it...I love, love, love, beer...
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
 ~Henry David Thoreau

Offline Hodgey1

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2020, 04:58:24 PM »
I love, love, love craft beers.  I love, love, love a cold Labatt Bleue or Molson Canadian on a hot day.  So there ya have it...I love, love, love, beer...

Amen Brother Joe! I could not agree more. Beer is proof that god love us.  8)
Fish Rock!

Offline Netman

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2020, 09:35:20 AM »
We usually have some Coors light or similar beer, along with Labatts Bleue, and a case of craft IPA(Bells 2 hearted, or a Dog Fish Head 75 min. are favorites of mine). I agree with @Muchadoaboutnothin on the Eagle Rare Bourbon, it is perfect for those late night star gazing times!

Offline Graphite

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2020, 10:46:36 AM »
I agree with you on Canadian not tasting like it used to.  When we were up last year my brother in-law and me both bought a case at the IGA along with Some blues and 50. We were a little disappointed in the Canadian being almost syrupy. Don't get me wrong we managed to drink it all, but it wasn't the same. 

Offline Fort Wisers

• Fort Wisers
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2020, 11:59:16 AM »
Wisers Rye or Guinness