Erie Dearie

Started by getthenet, July 03, 2014, 04:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

getthenet

Anyone have much luck using Erie Dearies on Kipawa ?

puckster_guy

I used to use'em on georgian bay...couldn't keep the pike and musky off of them....Never tried one on kip tho, gotta try one and see. I'll let ya know lol :)
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

600 miles north

Getthenet I caught my biggest walleye ever so far about 25 years ago on Kipawa with an erie dearie. I have posed the same question before a few years back and didn't get much feed back. When I was sorting my tacklebox out earlier in the week, and found half a dozen of them, I decided I was going to try using them again this year. I like using worm harness's, but I have to use a weight on it to get it down. To me with the erie dearie it is the same concept just already weighted. I'm using them, if I come back skunked then I guess it was not a good choice!  ;) I feel like we over think too much of our fishing tactics and limit how we fish based on others success.

Brad
600 miles north is where I'd rather be!

getthenet

I agree Brad,sometimes the KISS method is the best.(Keep It Simple,Stupid)

johnny walleye

they work but, pk is right about the pike.

NortonJoe

I have a couple in my tackle box but haven't had a lot of luck with them.  Now, I will admit that I have my favorite tackle for Kipawa fishing so I haven't used them much.  The couple times I did, I caught mostly pike on them (there are times we go specifically pike fishing because its alot of fun).
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau