booth lake

Started by niagara, February 16, 2021, 02:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

niagara

Looking for info on Booth Lake. Access ? Quality of fishing?

Netman

We used to fish Booth Lake, but I have not been on it in probably 10+ years. From what I remember it fished similar to many clear water lakes - the walleye(pickerel) bite was primarily in the early morning and evening hrs. Lake trout could be found Deep (in the summer months) in the central lake pools. Sorry but I cannot help much with Access. Not sure of your situation but White Pine lake (Lac du Pin Blanc) offers easy access for small boats and has a good population of Walleye and Norther Pike and is just a little further down the Maniwaki.

niagara

Thank you. I am familiar with the lake u mentioned as it is closer to home. However i cant find access. I have tried but there is a cottage that blocks the only access i know and the owner was unfriendly to say the least. If u know of another access point i would be grateful

Netman

I am not sure we are talking about the same lake? Try entering the 2 following sets of coordinates into google maps. Each is an access point to White Pine Lake  that is easily accessible.
46.712476,-78.157115
46.696557,-78.113024.

niagara

yes they are different. Thank You. The one You referred to is quite a ways from me. But i will explore it.

puckster_guy

Thats good to know Netman. I was think of trying that lake this summer. Can I launch my Crestliner or should I haul out the tin can? I was also thinking of trying Lac du fils. I'm at camp all summer now so I'd like to try some other lakes. I hope Kip doesn't get jealous lol
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Netman

I would definitely use the "tin can" for your first exploratory trip. I have never launched from the 1st put in, and from what I remember the second (east) one was pretty shallow. Its a small lake but has a lot of little bays.

Netman

I have never fished lac du fils. We used to fish lac Bleu, and actually portaged into lac des Sables. Blue had some nice lakers, and des sables had splake and Brook trout. We were alot younger then.

puckster_guy

Hey, thx Netman good to know. I have amazing fishing at Red Pine but I like exploring back lakes. I haven't done it since I was a kid, This could be interesting, I like the idea of finding trout besides Lakers. White pine looks interesting from the aerial maps.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)