For those of us in Ontario (nee restrictions)

Started by crackers42, April 17, 2021, 10:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crackers42

With the new lockdown measures in place let’s hear your thoughts

Are we allowed to go fishing with our household?

Police are coming out this morning saying they will not stop you but I would think if you are towing a boat that may give them “cause”

T-Bone

Saw an article that said effective Monday they're putting 'strict restrictions' on crossing the Quebec border....didn't say for how long. Not sure what that means for those that live in Ontario. .
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

puckster_guy

I'm at camp and have plans to empty an apt. I'm living here all summer again. By the end of April I gotta get the rest of my stuff out. It's not much but still. If i went to Ontario I'd be homeless lol. Maybe I need a lawyer lol. I can think of much worse places to be stuck lol  ;D
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

RickOnt

Puckster   I think moving is classed as essential travel
"Making Memories"

RickOnt

Have they set up a checkpoint at the bridge in Temiscaming?
"Making Memories"

chiaro

I wonder if Ford's extra "stupid" outdoor restrictions was a stroke of genius? First off if they do this for a week or two and then walk part of it back way more people will be vaccinated and it will definitely bend the curve. Secondly, we all had become tone death to their messaging. Everyone is talking about this now. Underneath of it all is a crisis within our hospitals. When they kill all elective surgery you know things are not good.

RickOnt

ReRead the restrictions

Border does not close till Monday

Ford is backing down on police powers

We will see about border
"Making Memories"

puckster_guy

I hope they keep the border open. My son can clean out my stuff for me. I can wait either way...
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Greg

Opening season in my zone is May 14th, and that is the time of year I hook up my boat every Friday night and head out every weekend morning.  Doesn't matter if i fish alone, with my dad, or one of my usual 4 or 5 fishing buddies.  Unfortunately, I think this stay-at-home order until May 20th is going to impact that... because it is all about the boat launches being open - the municipalities where boat my usual boat launches are will most likely be shut down/restricted access.  I hope not, but I will be keeping a very close eye as things unfold the next 4 weeks.

Stay safe everyone.

Greg

crunchie

Quote from: RickOnt on April 17, 2021, 12:07:14 PM
Being a local, no, not yet.  Come monday morning, not sure.  It's so darn confusing the way the news is related to all of us.
Keep your stick on the ice and your rod in the water

crunchie

Quote from: crunchie on April 17, 2021, 10:30:03 PM
Quote from: RickOnt on April 17, 2021, 12:07:14 PM
Being a local, no, not yet.  Come monday morning, not sure.  It's so darn confusing the way the news is related to all of us.
So Doug Ford said later last night that the OPP will not be stopping motorists questioning them where they're going or what is the reason you're out and about.  So doesn't seem like they will be patrolling the borders.  The SQ on the Quebec side, I'm still ensure, I'll try and find out today.

Rheal

I found this as part of an article in the Montreal Gazette: https://montrealgazette.com/news/quebec/quebec-ontario-border-will-close-monday-as-provinces-battle-variants

I was planning on heading out early tomorrow morning with a buddy and a couple trailers to drop off big items and return home the next day...looks like this plan is off for now but would like to hear if passage in and out is moving without fear of a big fine.

michelle

I have a week holidays starting May 14, looks like that probably won’t happen now, was so looking forward to it.

RickOnt

Thanks crunchie

We will see

I have property up there,  No symptoms and no stops
"Making Memories"

crunchie

Here's what I know.  The OPP have installed a temporary mobile trailer (Port-a-room style) on the island between Quebec and Ontario.  Only vehicles allowed to cross either way are emergency vehicles, cargo, delivery trucks, etc.  In other words, vehicles crossing for recreational purposes are not given entry.  Now you may see on the news that the OPP are doing sporadic spot checks in some locations,

I really think this is in very high traffic areas where it would be impossible to stop every vehicle in those areas.  This is not the case on the island, I would expect that they are stopping all non-commercial vehicles.

Don't shoot the messenger.

PS:  For those wondering about Kipawa Lake water level, I would say it's about at least 3 feet below normal, was up there yesterday.