For those of us in Ontario (nee restrictions)

Started by crackers42, April 17, 2021, 10:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RHYBAK

Quote from: Hodgey1 on May 05, 2021, 10:16:17 AM
Quote from: RHYBAK on May 05, 2021, 08:34:33 AM
Poor Hodgey going to get excited when he reads it.

He sold all his fishing equipment and boat and invested in a rocking chair and crochet supplies.

Poor guy
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

chiaro

I have a friend who has a cottage on Kipawa. I have an invite for the 26th of May. I'd be driving up myself and staying in a separate building so have no worries about cv19.

Question is can I get across the border and is the 26th to early for fishing? Also what about getting the quebec license?

Campkipawa

You'll likely need a tax bill @chiaro . As you know, Ford extended lockdowns another 2 weeks until June.2nd. Like the energizer bunny, it's keeps going and going and going. 

wayne

As far as I know it's a stay at home order till June 2nd. Police will be at the border. Lodges just lost all there bookings till June 2nd. I would think the same applies to visitors to cottages in the area, Just saying!!

plowjock

I'm beginning to think, If you're on the south side of the 49th Parallel it just isn't going to Happen this year. Because we have such inadequate leadership at the top of our Pristine Chapel {Ottawa} in not getting vaccine ordered way back when and slackness in closing airports and allowing all these people in from Africa, India, and South America, numbers are NOT declining fast enough. I think we'll be lucky to see the border open for November. I know I won't be very popular, but NUMBERS don't lie but Liars can figure a way to Manipulate them. So far I've missed Crappie season, Walleye Opener, more than likely Lake Trout opener in Ontario. Still quite a few Ontarians caught south of the border from last fall.

T-Bone

I learned yesterday that I qualify as 'essential' in definition as my company provides healthcare software and clinical equipment to hospitals. The GM of our Mississauga office is checking into it closer for me. Have no idea if this opens a door, but it's an angle.

We shall see....
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

michelle

RHYBAK

Quote from: T-Bone on May 14, 2021, 08:17:57 AM
I learned yesterday that I qualify as 'essential' in definition as my company provides healthcare software and clinical equipment to hospitals. The GM of our Mississauga office is checking into it closer for me. Have no idea if this opens a door, but it's an angle.

We shall see....

It might look very suspicious if your coming across the border with coolers, sleeping bags,bins,and fishing equipment instead of a samples case
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Ozzy30

The OPP officers at the border crossing at my house are not stopping anyone going into Quebec and only stopping people with quebec plates coming into ontario.  Not sure of other border crossings are the same.  I know Quebec is lifting alot of restrictions next Monday and sending kids back to school.

chiaro

Quote from: Ozzy30 on May 14, 2021, 12:48:49 PM
The OPP officers at the border crossing at my house are not stopping anyone going into Quebec and only stopping people with quebec plates coming into ontario.  Not sure of other border crossings are the same.  I know Quebec is lifting alot of restrictions next Monday and sending kids back to school.

My wife pointed out to me that I may well get in but will I get out without quarqntine!?????

plowjock

A buddy of mine got stopped on Wednesday going from Ottawa across to Aylmer to go golfing. Officer asked where and why? My buddy replied golf course to go golfing. Officer told him,"Not today, turn around." He turned around , called his buddies, warned about certain bridge, cops on it turning people back. He went to next bridge up upriver, crossed, no problem. I called him out the next morning when he told us. What part of stupid don't you get.

Chazz

Seen these headlines this morning.. "Trudeau government begins work on reopening US-Canada border".  Hope is on the horizon.

chiaro

Oh it's happening. Those borders will open. Our Canada stats mirror US stats just two months behind. If you look at Ontario stats it looks even better because we do not have the unchecked outbreaks they are having out west and out east.

I just love this part of the pandemic. Over 1/2 the entire population of Canada has gotten a shot, increasing by 2 million weekly. Then increasing to 2.4 million weekly in June. Figuring 80% will get vaccinated then everyone will have their first shot by mid June. Take heart our American brothers, it's happening!!

michelle

No QPP here this morning, we just drove through.

Jay Thomas

Quote from: chiaro on May 15, 2021, 08:28:29 AMOver 1/2 the entire population of Canada has gotten a shot

According to https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/vaccine-administration/, as of 14 May 2021, 17,734,322 doses of Covid vaccine have been administered. That is less than half the Canadian population (38,048,738 as of Q1 2021).

Jay