Vaccine thoughts

Started by Hodgey1, February 18, 2021, 09:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattie

As of a bit ago Health order and Mask mandate will end here in Ohio June 2nd. Not really sure exactly what it means by places like our grocery stores, bar compacities sporting events and whatnot. Didn't watch it just saw on our local news on FB. I've just kind of stayed away from people for the most part this whole thing and still think I had when you heard about it in China before it was even a thing here.. I still visit T-Bone, parents, friends  and what not, just don't go out to the bar next to my house like I used to.(I'm 32 for people who don't know me)  Maybe a handful of times total since it started. It was really nice to get out last weekend even though was cold and catch some Crappie with a good friend of mine.

I am probably going to have to get the Vaccine to Enter Canada if they happen to Open this year.... Not yet. (Please don't hate, just personal choice at this time)

chiaro

Quote from: Mattie on May 12, 2021, 06:33:26 PM
As of a bit ago Health order and Mask mandate will end here in Ohio June 2nd. Not really sure exactly what it means by places like our grocery stores, bar compacities sporting events and whatnot. Didn't watch it just saw on our local news on FB. I've just kind of stayed away from people for the most part this whole thing and still think I had when you heard about it in China before it was even a thing here.. I still visit T-Bone, parents, friends  and what not, just don't go out to the bar next to my house like I used to.(I'm 32 for people who don't know me)  Maybe a handful of times total since it started. It was really nice to get out last weekend even though was cold and catch some Crappie with a good friend of mine.

I am probably going to have to get the Vaccine to Enter Canada if they happen to Open this year.... Not yet. (Please don't hate, just personal choice at this time)

No hate! I got the Astra Zenca 1st dose. I was a little bit hesitant to get it because of the blood clot warnings but it was the only vaccine available for people my age at that time. I got it partly to go fishing! I've got a flyin booked for May 26th. The one dose provides protection after a month. I haven't fished in over a year but I plan to double up on my fishing until the border opens. Can't fish right now at lodges in Ontario until the stay at home order lifts.

Thinking back it's kinda laughable that I was hesitant. How many vaccine shots have I had in my lifetime? A dozen, two dozen? Even if you're petrified of new mnra vaccines there are traditional vaccines like Astra Zenca.

chiaro

Oh it's happening. Those borders will open. Our Canada stats mirror US stats just two months behind. If you look at Ontario stats it looks even better because we do not have the unchecked outbreaks they are having out west and out east.

I just love this part of the pandemic. Over 1/2 the entire population of Canada has gotten a shot, increasing by 2 million weekly. Then increasing to 2.4 million weekly in June. Figuring 80% will get vaccinated then everyone will have their first shot by mid June. Take heart our American brothers, it's happening!!