3Seasons camp June 19 to June 27

Started by RHYBAK, July 04, 2014, 08:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RHYBAK

I'm sorry
It completely slipped my mind about a report.
Once you read one report,the rest seem to be repetitive.
We were fortunate enough to be able to get into our cabin on Friday afternoon thank to JLG leaving Friday morning.
Thanks JLG. After getting the scoop from every other cabin in camp.( thanks PikeMike) we planned our morning strategy.
Our first endeavour was to go to the North sanctuary and try our luck. We trolled around in the shallows and were able to hook into a few eaters that would make up our first of many Brunches of the week.
We let the young'uns sleep in and they were very grateful to wake up to fresh walleye on the table.
That set the tone for every morning meal of the week....what do you mean were not planning to eat fish.....really??????

The first afternoon fish was great. My boat partner landed his PB walleye of a whopping 6.5 pounds.I I tried to match it but could only get as high as two fish at 4 pounds each.
In the hour we were there we also missed 2 fish close to 5 pounds and a few more in the 3 range...all within the net range but missed.

Now the rest of the week was average fishing. Lots of fish released. 10 eater fish kept every night for the next bays Brunch...etc.

The final night we were short 3 keeper fish for our limit and topped the week off with three fish in the 3 pound range.
A great way to end the week.

All pike caught were released. All but two bass were released and who knows how many walleye were hooked and released.

Most fish were caught bobber fishing with leeches.
A fair number of keepers were caught slow trolling( with a drift sock) using a two hooked worm harness with a big juicy worm.

Winds were not co-operating during our week( sometimes calm as glass) so fishing was tough at times.

a few pictures are in the gallery.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Jay Thomas

Hi John:

Nice report and pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Jay

john c

John
I'll go along with Jay, nice report and pictures.  Sounds like you had a good trip. Thanks for the report.

John
Smile, every one will wonder what you have been up to.

600 miles north

Thanks John for letting us know how it went. Now T-bone can give you his countdown everyday... until the day he leaves!  ;) 

Were the fish in their normal depths and habits for this time of year?

Cheers! and, oh yeah... 14  :)

Brad
600 miles north is where I'd rather be!

RHYBAK

Quote from: 600 miles north on July 04, 2014, 09:28:50 AM
     Thanks John for letting us know how it went. Now T-bone can give you his countdown everyday... until the day he leaves!  ;) 

Were the fish in their normal depths and habits for this time of year?

Cheers! and, oh yeah... 14  :)

Brad

I would say yes.
I went a week earlier than normal,so the fish weren't in my normal fishing spots yet.

Oarin

thanks RHYBAK, glad you had a great trip. Oarin.

Dog

sounds like a great relaxing trip. congrats! added it to the master index as well.
One more cast...

Oarin

RHYBAK, you said in your report that 2 bass were kept. According to Tom and Linda Miller they probably shouldn't be eaten because of the parasite infection. Better to be safe than sorry. 14 more days!!!!!!! Oarin.

rambler

Nice report, glad you had a good trip. Will you be posting another youtube video this year!

RHYBAK

Quote from: rambler on July 06, 2014, 12:00:39 PM
Nice report, glad you had a good trip. Will you be posting another youtube video this year!

Yes ,it's in the works

JLG

your welcome and glad you had a good trip

tbayboy

Cant wait for the video Rybak, sounds like a great time.

T-Bone

Thanks Rhybak...I know how it pains you to submit a report and recall the trip as you sit at home. But, it sounds like you had a great trip and that's always the goal.

I'll be in touch...

Embrace every moment...you only get it once