Taggart Bay Lodge up for sale!!

Started by BigChief, July 12, 2021, 09:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oarin

TBL has been in Yves family since 1961. Selling it must be a hard choice.

BigChief

@Oarin wow, I knew it was a while but didn't know that long.

hinorth

I have been in the outfitting business all my life (40+ years) and this is truly sad to see the closure / sale and likely change of direction for these long established outfits.  The tourism / outfitting business is a lifestyle that we chose and not much unlike farming, hope we can put a roof over our families heads, food on the table, enjoyable childhoods and friends and memories for a lifetime.  None of us that made lifelong careers out of it, ever expected to get rich but learning to live through feasts and famine.  What we hoped for is at the end, be able to pass our years of hard work and dedication on to our children or at least have them a viable business to operate or even to sell and happily retire well into our "golden" years.  I sincerely wish the best of luck to all of the outfitters across Canada in whatever situation you are in.  This sure has been a test of what we are made of.  Keep your chins high!.

BigChief

@hinorth well said. And not sure anyone will run the place as well as Yves. I hope all the outfitters make it through this and we can feast with them soon!!

Hodgey1

Quote from: BigChief on July 29, 2021, 10:17:43 PM
I hope all the outfitters make it through this and we can feast with them soon!!

I can't agree more to both @BigChief and @hinorth and rolling with the Farmer analogy, the Outfitters are on a second year of draught and extreme crop damage.

Walleye Rock!

hinorth

Hodgey1  you're right with the draught, but that we can work through.  What is difficult is to deal with is government / politicians that will not listen to us folk that are "on the water and in the bush" nor will they listen to science in dealing with wildlife management. Personally I have had to deal with the spring bear hunt fiasco in Ontario and now the closure or caribou in Quebec.  Neither decision were based on the well being of the species and now missing almost two full seasons of fishing due to border closures both Provincial & International with next to no support or understanding.  The blessing in disguise for me was to take time, and find a spot to enjoy and I truly do enjoy my time on Kipawa

Oarin

hinorth, you're right about the politicians. Look at our genius down here who says he can't open the Canadian Border because of covid, but has a completely open door policy for illegals at the Southern Border. Wonder how many of them have been vaccinated? I'm guessing not many. Let's hope the August 21st date stays and at least some of us get to go.

Kill Switch

Wow, I hope they get every penny. I know that there are other outfitters besides the ones mentioned who would consider an offer on their place, they are just staying quiet about it.
3 Seasons sold, Alwaki up for sale and now Taggart.

I thought about getting a group together to each buy a share. Alwaki is an island but it is NOT leased land. Not sure about Taggart.

Is anyone seriously interested in creating a private camp? You can literally do two owners to a cabin.

I am heading up to CVL on August 21 to see Neno and his wife. They have been getting by but have been forced to work massive hours in the off season driving a big rig. They have built three new cabins in order to bring the place up to snuff. Breaking ground on a fourth cabin right now. Flingers crossed that they fill them all.

LanielKid

Point aux Pins in Laniel is also up for sale for a cool 1 million CAD.

Was a former outfitter, has been a family cottage over the last 20 years or so.

Has 6 or 7 cabins with one larger than the rest.

Act quick though! I know some people who are looking at the place.

hinorth

LanielKid,  being new to the lake I google where they were at Point aux Pins.  Looks nice.  I see they run the cabins as Air BNB.  Is there many others on the lake doing the same or renting by the week or month?  Our camp isn't big enough for a lot of family overflow so overnight accommodations would be nice to know about.  Thanks

LanielKid

Quote from: hinorth on August 07, 2021, 12:26:59 PM
LanielKid,  being new to the lake I google where they were at Point aux Pins.  Looks nice.  I see they run the cabins as Air BNB.  Is there many others on the lake doing the same or renting by the week or month?  Our camp isn't big enough for a lot of family overflow so overnight accommodations would be nice to know about.  Thanks

Our camp isn’t very big either. We cram in on sofas, air mattresses and extra beds lol.

In Laniel, you have La Lucarne and Chalets Diane close by. They’re on the south side of the bridge but it’s a short drive. I don’t know much about a AirBNB

A option I’ve looked at is renting a houseboat and mooring it up at the dock to hold extra people. They’re good enough for sleeping, and people can use the kitchen and bathroom at your camp.

Hope this helps.

hinorth

ah, houseboat idea is great.  Thanks

BigChief

@LanielKid any link to the cabins you talk about for sale?

@289walleye I would be interested in getting a group together.

LanielKid

Quote from: BigChief on August 10, 2021, 10:07:55 AM
@LanielKid any link to the cabins you talk about for sale?

@289walleye I would be interested in getting a group together.

Pointe aux Pins: https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/22386270/1955-ch-du-ski-laniel

It’s basically sold already. Buyer came in via plane last week.

La Lucarne and Chalets Diane are both lodges.

There’s a camp with only one house for sale on Baie McAdam. Here it is: https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/23107392/941-ch-baie-mcadam-laniel