News:

Upgraded to SMF 2.1.4
We hope you like the new look and feel!

Main Menu

Americans returning from Canada

Started by Hodgey1, August 20, 2021, 01:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hodgey1

Has any members here been up to Canada and returned home yet? If so, what has the experience been? I read today that the US has extended its closure another month.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-extends-travel-curbs-canada-mexico-land-borders-through-sept-21-2021-08-20/
Walleye Rock!

Hodgey1

I see a lot of traffic to this thread, with no information contained within it yet. I will post a Quote below and the link to it, containing a lot of good information.

http://kipawafishingforum.net/index.php?topic=1368.0

Quote from: Lizard King on August 20, 2021, 09:33:39 PM
Hope this helps answer a few questions of the process and give you some intel.  Will type up trip report to Kipawa Lodge in coming days.

-My son and I got our Covid test on Wed. the 11th.
-Started his ArriveCAN app that night.  Have your passport and vaccine card ready in decent lighting without glares.
-Answered a few questions after setting up ID and password.
-Then a step where you hold cell phone horizontal over passport and app itself will take a photo.  Next comes a screen with info from passport in typed out form.
-When comes to vaccine card step, you have to press button yourself (while in app) to take the photo.  Then choose whether to submit or take another photo to use.
-At some point of this process we came across an “Add a traveler” button.  We clicked on it and added my passport and vax card instead of doing a separate ArriveCan ID for me.
-Got to question worded like “have you received a negative test result” for both of us.
-Saved and stopped here.

Next AM we both received negative test results.  A text came from the lab with a link.  Went to link and sent results to our emails.  Printed off 2 copies of each of our results. (2nd copy “just in case)
That night we went back to ArriveCAN app.
-answered Yes to question concerning negative tests and continued on.
-for quarantine location….Barb gave me the Lodge’s actual physical address.  Each of your lodges “probably” has one.  Even if it just sits on an oversized island.
-near the end was a question or two like “have you or other traveler(s) had any symptoms.
Once done with app we brought up the online version of ArriveCan and he logged in with same ID as the app.  Printed off 2 copies of ArriveCAN results as well.

Not hard at all.  I’m being pretty descriptive above and still missed a few easy steps I’m sure.

On to Canada….
We took everything.  Passports, actual vax cards, printed copies of negative results and printed ArriveCAN results.
I usually aim for midnight to cross at Peace Bridge.  Left way early, just in case.
Pulled up to border at 9:31 PM last Friday.
2 lanes open.  One had 3 cars, other had 2….I made the 3rd car.
By 9:35 PM I was told….have a nice trip.  Yes, that quick.
Agent took both passports, asked where we were going.  Took our negative test results copies.  Asked about alcohol, tobacco, and firearms.
That was it.  Maybe when he typed in info from passport, and all our ArriveCAN info popped up.  I don’t know.  Easiest crossing ever.
But be prepared.  We may have just been lucky.

Our return today.
Pulled up in line at border around 2:40 PM.
Again 2 lanes open.  Was probably 15th car, took 40 minutes to get thru.
Just the standard questions asked.
Nothing mentioned Covid related at all besides there’s a sign on bridge stating you need to wear a mask when pulled up to the booth.

Gonna stop this novel and finish unloading car.
Will post other relevant intel in comments later tonight.
Walleye Rock!

ziggy6

The post by Lizard was/is a great source of Info.. we are making plans ..the getting the test done and results in a timely fashion is a concern. Have cousins in Buffalo area and they are saying getting back into US has not been an issue...so far

Netman

We had No issues crossing back into US from Canada. Somehow during the crossing into canada both our covid cards and my fishing partners passport card came up missing. The agent at the gate ask if he ever had a passport and then I assume electronically confirmed he did after he explained the situation. Very pleasant and quick crossing. PS: he provided his driver's liscense as identification. There is a sign that says mask are to be worn at the US border, but the agent immediately ask us to pull them down to confirm our identification. Good travels to all!

Dieselgirl

We returned on 8/20/21 at Fort Erie/Peace Bridge with no issues.  They looked under the boat cover.  3 cars in line.

Hodgey1

Thanks @Netman & @Dieselgirl for sharing your experiences coming back into the US.
Walleye Rock!

rossbound

it was very similar for me as well. I was the only one there at the peace bridge crossing. he asked to pull my face mask down and then the same general questions. very quick

Hodgey1

Came back across at the Peace Bridge Sept 10 at around 2:00 pm. No cars in line. The agent ask where we had been and how long, left the booth and wrote down our trailer plate number, handed our passports back and said welcome back.  Fastest crossing ever.
Walleye Rock!

ziggy6

Same exact experience at Alex. Bay crossing...duty free was also empty.