Alwaki Aug28-Sept 3

Started by Jow, September 19, 2021, 09:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jow

Had a great 1st trip with my son and a  buddy and his boys up to this end of the lake. Walleye bite was great, we fished mostly 19-23 ft jigging for the most part. Did a bit of trolling in Hunter with great results. No biggies this week but the numbers made up for that. Quit lake trout fishing as the water temps where 72ish and it was a death sentence for them....the bite one afternoon was quite good. It was great to meet a few other forum members while in camp and they gladly shared some of their spots to fish which is great for a newbie to this part of the lake. Thanks T Bone and gang for that. Not sure on numbers ,I dont really count fish but the 1st night we where there we probably boated 60 -80 walleye that afternoon and eve alone. The last night of our trip had a huge pike come up and take my walleye back down...I saw the walleye in the pikes mouth head first. Very cool!!! Pike was easily 35"-40" broke me off after it stripped 50 to 60 ft of line. Pretty fun on lite jigging tackle. 

Jow

I cant figure out how to add pics, says files too big.

smitty55

Quote from: Jow on September 19, 2021, 09:09:41 AM
I cant figure out how to add pics, says files too big.

I know Hodgey doesn't care for imgur but I find it works great for me. Join the site and upload your pics. You can edit them there as well. Click on your pic and another window will pop up. Click on copy for BBCode and then just paste it in your thread here. This pic took me less than 30 seconds to post here.

Hodgey1

Thanks for the report. Great stuff there with the pike! We had the exact same thing happen our first trip to Kipawa.

Quote from: smitty55 on September 19, 2021, 01:28:32 PM
I know Hodgey doesn't care for imgur but I find it works great for me.

Hi @smitty55 , I exclusively use imgur to post photos here and yes it does work. My comments about posting photos here, is more about the fact that you even need to use a separate/external photo hosting site to post pictures here. I belong to multiple other forums, all of which posting a photo is as simple as posting a comment. You click add photo, browse to its location on your computer, select and post. Typically also the forum software resizes the photo to the correct photo size and no other muss or fuss necessary.  For my most recent trip report, I spent an additional 10-15 minutes or more, to be able to integrate the photos I posted in that report. You have to organize them into a file, upload, resize and then copy links and paste into your post, all while making sure you have the photo links in the spot you wanted. When posting multiple photos, its a pain.

The other imgur comment would be, that when I go to the site, a lot of times I get a warning from my browser about the user names and passwords being compromised and need updated? That concerns me in this day and age as well.

Walleye Rock!