Been Too Quiet

Started by hinorth, September 27, 2021, 07:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hinorth

Seems the wind is out of the sail.  Hope everyone is OK?  I finally made it to Canal Bay two weekends ago.  What a beautiful place.  Contemplating taking out my boat soon but I imagine the leaves are getting nice now and one more cruise would be cool. Wow has this season went fast. Never caught many fish but did get a few.  Stay safe everyone.

T-Bone

Still here. Life’s getting busy…the final push to retirement and a vision of summers on Kipawa…not a week here and there. 😉

And it’s Cleveland Browns/NFL season…I have another constant distraction.
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

hinorth

T-Bone, where on the Lake are you?

plowjock

My buddy took me down and thru the Canal back in June
That is one fantastic little run.
Don't put the boat away too soon, best fishing is about to happen.
You'll run into big schools of HUNGRY fish.
Fall, my favourite season, Mother Nature busy painting new Landscapes, Fish getting ready for winter, Deer herds need to be thinned just
a little.
Two best sports just getting ready to start new seasons.
Time to load up the Larders.

T-Bone

Quote from: hinorth on September 28, 2021, 05:54:55 AM
T-Bone, where on the Lake are you?

I'm not "on" the lake...yet. I have to get the first prize (retirement) before I get the second (summers on Kipawa). And I'm unlikely to "buy" a place...but you never know.
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

hinorth

T-Bone, we got our place last April.... now we need to get retired to enjoy it more than weekends.  Plowjock, I didn't even realize there were deer in the area. Moose and bear for sure but it sure does look like deer bush back behind our camp but haven't seen sign but then again haven't really been looking. With Thanksgiving coming then Ontario Moose and deer season, my time on Kipawa is going to be limited from now until the closing of the season. I'll give it a better try this weekend and will leave my boat in for as long as the weather lets me.

plowjock

Hinorth, I didn't mean in the Kipawa area for deer, was thinking more Ontario Northlands etc.
I'd think moose and bear up Kipawa region.
Get those sonars tuned in to find baitfish and you'll catch a motherload.
Just have to dress a little warmer and remember to wear your PFD, as the water temps cool down you won't last long.
Enjoy Mother Nature's Landscapes.

TrollingTom

Quote from: T-Bone on September 27, 2021, 09:11:51 PM
Still here. Life’s getting busy…the final push to retirement and a vision of summers on Kipawa…not a week here and there. 😉

And it’s Cleveland Browns/NFL season…I have another constant distraction.

-----Go Browns and go Baker :)

Oarin

puckster_guy

Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Fort Wisers

Quote from: puckster_guy on October 19, 2021, 06:41:22 PM
Go Leafs

I see your leafs and raise you Les Habitants.....lol.....
I don't even care who wins at this point, just looking forward to relaxing in front of a game or two.

hinorth

sad to have closed up the camp this weekend and boat out and winterized.  Hope to get back by atv in early December. Hope everyone still there is doing well.

Fort Wisers

Quote from: hinorth on October 25, 2021, 07:29:22 AM
sad to have closed up the camp this weekend and boat out and winterized.  Hope to get back by atv in early December. Hope everyone still there is doing well.

Winterized our place this weekend past as well. Ours doesn't take much, we drain the water system and throw some antifreeze into the toilet and p-traps.
Leaves are all fallen, we had some light snow falling Friday night and there was decent frost Saturday morning, it's a nice time of the year to be in the bush......
We generally go up at least once a month in the winter, hopefully this winter will be the same.

Sunrise Saturday morning:

Sorry gang, posting this picture reminds me I have yet to spend time investigating a better method of posting pics on this forum.

Take care everyone:
Brent

puckster_guy

Same, closing camp this weekend. I have a couple more trolls to do this week as we're getting some decent weather, pulling the boat out on Sat. Then back to the big city, sigh.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Fort Wisers

Quote from: puckster_guy on October 27, 2021, 06:22:39 AM
Same, closing camp this weekend. I have a couple more trolls to do this week as we're getting some decent weather, pulling the boat out on Sat. Then back to the big city, sigh.

Hey Joe,
I thought you were spending winters at camp too?
Hope you had a great summer, good luck with close-up.
Brent