Author Topic: This will be our last trip to Lake Nipissing! Where is Ontario's MNR heads at!!  (Read 168 times)

Offline GregL

I just checked the regulations and they changed again for this year on Lake Nipissing. Why does MNR here in Ontario make
such bad decisions!!

They have changed the limit to 2 walleye over 18.2 inches..

So we want to improve the walleye size and numbers on this lake so we are only going to let people keep the largest of the breeding stock!

Way to go Ontario!

Offline Ozzy30

It's like that at most lakes around home here.  I don't get it either.

Offline GregL

Yup, they just can't get it right!

Offline smitty55

Sometimes I think some decisions are made just to make it look like they are actually doing something, doesn't matter if its a good one.
In the case of Nipissing I wonder if they've changed any of the regs pertaining to the native harvest as well?

Offline GregL

Sometimes I think some decisions are made just to make it look like they are actually doing something, doesn't matter if its a good one.
In the case of Nipissing I wonder if they've changed any of the regs pertaining to the native harvest as well?

I doubt it.

Really a 2 fish limit is fine if you live close by , just go out grab a few for dinner when you want, all good.

We rent a cabin once a year here and the cost $$ vs reward is not worth it to go to nip any more.

When we fish for walleye it's for meat LOL!.. If I wanted to fish for fishing.. that would musky or bass. They fight better LOL!