End of season

Started by Ozzy30, October 12, 2021, 01:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozzy30

I just thought I would write a quick report.  I was up closing down the cottage for the year and only got maybe 4 hours of fishing in.  Caught 5 walleye with 1 being in the slot but released back to the lake.  Since buying the cottage I have been up lots and have found kipawa to be challenging in the fall.  I am marking fish but having hard time catching, looks like it will be a puzzle I will have to figure out next year.  We were lucky to have Tina and Brian come visit on Sunday and see our new place before they shut down Alwaki for the winter.  I hope everyone has a safe winter and hope to see most of you next year when the fishing opens again.

Greg

Good to hear your made it through your first shut down Ozzy!

Ya, the fall fishing thing for me was similar.   

Would you ever, in the middle of winter, go for a snowmobile ride to see the cottage?  (its something that is on my bucket list ...some day..)

Greg

GregL

Congrats on the new place and the successful shut down :)

Ozzy30

Not with the sled I have now Greg. I used to sled all the time but my back can't handle the trail riding for too long.  Would be beautiful up there though.

TrollingTom

Quote from: Ozzy30 on October 12, 2021, 01:15:23 PM
I just thought I would write a quick report.  I was up closing down the cottage for the year and only got maybe 4 hours of fishing in.  Caught 5 walleye with 1 being in the slot but released back to the lake.  Since buying the cottage I have been up lots and have found kipawa to be challenging in the fall.  I am marking fish but having hard time catching, looks like it will be a puzzle I will have to figure out next year.  We were lucky to have Tina and Brian come visit on Sunday and see our new place before they shut down Alwaki for the winter.  I hope everyone has a safe winter and hope to see most of you next year when the fishing opens again.

Try using a Ned Rig with a worm or leach on the hook and drift/drag the bottom where you are marking. Much like bass fishing. Found great success in that. Happy fishing!