Why?

Started by Administrator, April 28, 2014, 11:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Administrator

I just thought I would address the questions that have arisen as to why this board was created. I am not one who likes change very much and as i get older, I like it less. We have been board members of Kipawa.net for many years, and it has gotten to be a major part of our family. We very much like the comradery and feel of that board. We have met some really great people there.

Some of the reasons that led to this decision was the lack of ability to PM other members on the board. There are times that can be very convenient. Secondly, it would seem the admin on the other board due to reasons unknown to anyone has not been devoting time to the board and members. Some of the new members on here have said that they have not been able to get registered on Kipawa.net.  Due to a software glitch, we were removed from the members list because we changed our email address in our profile over three weeks ago. We tried to give it some time and hopefully it would have gotten taken care of, but no luck.

If people like SnodT2120, Schneve, and Kent would have been accepted as new members or this software glitch would have been addressed or the PM's reinstated, Kipawa Fishing Forum would never have been born.

The best thing I can say is that we are all adults with a passion for fishing particularly in the Kipawa area and would love to create a happy family here.  :)

RHYBAK

Will you be adding any other features such as a Photo Gallery
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Administrator

RHYBAK,

Let's say at this point, that is the intention. There are multiple forum software programs available, but I selected this one because it is supposed to be one of the better ones for security and anti-spam. I run some Amazon websites so I am not totally computer illiterate, but do not have alot of coding knowledge. I am basically   a point and shoot kind of person. So, what I am saying is that it might take a little time. Please be patient.