Club Trout Lake June 21-27 Report

Started by Fishn Deep, July 08, 2014, 08:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishn Deep

Another year is in the books. We pulled into the Aubergue on Friday the 20th and downed a few Big Bleues. Then had good conversation with several other groups from NY, OH, and PA that were heading to Kipawa and Ogascanaan.

As for the fishing we had a good week at Club Trout Lake near Belleterre.. 4 guys caught around 350 to 400 fish (that was with 1/2 the crew never getting out of the cabin to fish before 11 am to noon each day). The weather was not the best for walleye fishing with all the sun and blue skies but the fish cooperated nicely. Biggest walleye was 25.5" weighing in at a tick over 5lbs. A lot of eyes in the 16" to 24" range. It was a toss up between worms and leeches as both were effective on jigs. Jigging was the main method deployed with a sprinkle of trolling and casting mixed in during off hours.

Biggest pike was 35" and several monsters were missed after throwing the hook or following to the boat. The Pike and walleye were real aggressive hitting 10" to 12" musky lures with no fear. Unbelievable. Several 16" to 18" walleye were stolen from fisherman by large pike during the week. Including a 40" + giant that completely leaped out of the water after a walleye about to be pulled in the boat! Never seen anything like it. Scared the crap out of my dad!

Lots of wildlife as well as our group saw 10 moose with a couple of bulls, cows with calfs, a bear, and two bald eagles. Will try to add photos at a later time.

For all of you on your way or about to depart for your voyage safe travels and enjoy it while it lasts because it goes way to fast!

RHYBAK

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

puckster_guy

Cool sounds like a great trip. You hit a good week the fish seemed to be on the bite. Always fun when pike latch onto walleye being hauled in. Seems that you can't use a lure thats toobig. Good to know, intetesting.... :)
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

SgtCrabby

Thanks for the report. 
Humm, big lures; Time to repack my tackle again...

Walleye Ray

Hey Fisn Deep, Which lake(s) did you fish and where was your cabin?

Thanks, W.R,

johnny walleye

Thanks ,thought I would down size my tackle box ,not

puckster_guy

I got a 2 pound pickerel last weekend that spit up a 6 inch perch. They do eat large baits.
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Fishn Deep

Walleye Ray we fished right on the main lake...Trout Lake or Lac Truite if you prefer the Quebec version. Spent the week in the West Bay outpost cabin which is 45 minutes to an hour haul from the main lodge in camp boats depending on the weather. Know other guys who fish on Winiawash, Bay, and Old Man Lakes and do well. So far our group has not gone on any of those adventures yet.

Dog

sounds like a great trip with good numbers! Congrats and look forward to seeing some pictures.
you've been added to the trip report index.
One more cast...