Flag's 'Liberty Call'

Started by Dog, July 13, 2014, 02:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SgtCrabby

I'm hoping that Dog will build me the sister to that boat for my retirement.  Something like that will definately move my dates of consideration for retirement up.

Flag (Dog's dad) called me to tell me about it while he was sitting at her helm; he sounded like a kid that had just discovered Christmas in July.  He is still bouncing of the walls with excitement.

John, you will see her on Lake O for sure.

john c

@Dog
What is the length of that fine boat?
John
Smile, every one will wonder what you have been up to.

kipawa4

Alwaki Lodge had 18 ft. boats (18 ft. if I remember right) like that.  Loved fishing out of them. It has been a while ago though.

Dog

@john c  It's their Lake Nipissing, 18 foot model with a few tweaks...
thanks @kipawa4 & @getthenet
@SgtCrabby wouldn't count on me funding another one of these. haha... I did set it up for 3 retired fisherman though so that will have to do for Flag, you and Unc
One more cast...

NortonJoe

Wow! That's all I can say...Wow!
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau

wvmedic

Dog I absolutely love the Gisler Boats, I to have been using these since the 70's on Nipissing. I've often thought about getting one, just haven't yet. Maybe in the near future.

Thanks for sharing, and good on you for the thoughtfulness of an awesome gift to your Dad.

Jeff

wvmedic

Also, how hard was it to import to the states?

Jeff

Dog

Quote from: wvmedic on July 17, 2014, 10:45:32 AM
Also, how hard was it to import to the states?

Jeff
@wvmedic. Thank you and I think a lot of people did back in the 70's on nipissing as that's all that was out there and affordable at the time... haha

Jeff, here is what I learned and passed along to Gerry via email, so maybe he will post it on his website FAQ's section...

" Also, if you have any future USA customers inquire about the boats, feel free to give them my email address concerning the importation process. You've been nothing but great about everything and super helpful so I'd be happy to put their mind at ease if they have concerns...

Some links you may want to consider adding to your webpage to assist your USA customers...

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1184/kw/buying%20a%20boat%20in%20canada/related/1/suggested/1/p/0/c/0
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1232/kw/buying%20a%20boat%20in%20canada/suggested/1/p/0/c/0

My personal experience was that the USA CBP agent could care less about the actual boat since my trailer was already registered in PA and there was no motor on the boat. If a motor was on the boat, I would have had to fill out an EPA compliance form and pay a duty to import it. Bottom line for USA customers I think is to 1) bring their own legally registered trailer from their home state and 2) buy the motor in the states separately to avoid the EPA form and import duty."

short answer is not hard at all. drive up with your trailer and drive home with the boat on it. The US CBP agent asked to see my trailer registration, glanced at the boat, said "nice" and said "have a good day" and waved me through. I of course had to the pay the sales tax in PA when I went to register the boat... but no import tax and no paperwork for the boat I had to fill out at the border.
One more cast...

wvmedic

Sounds great Dog, thanks a bunch.

Jeff

Dog

Video of Liberty Call in action to dock taken during last year's expedition...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kjS3CAToHw&feature=youtu.be

One more cast...

Fort Wisers

Quote from: Dog on June 23, 2015, 10:33:38 PM
Video of Liberty Call in action to dock taken during last year's expedition...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kjS3CAToHw&feature=youtu.be

Gorgeous Boat......
Sits/rides nice on the water.

wvmedic

SgtCrabby

Gee Dog;  If we would have known you were recording us coming in, we might have combed our hair ...   ;D

Fort Wisers

Quote from: SgtCrabby on July 14, 2015, 12:00:23 AM
Gee Dog;  If we would have known you were recording us coming in, we might have combed our hair ...   ;D

LOLOLOL don't worry @SgtCrabby, both boat and models looked great!