News:

Upgraded to SMF 2.1.4
We hope you like the new look and feel!

Main Menu

Flag's 'Liberty Call'

Started by Dog, July 13, 2014, 02:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog

This post is about my dad's retirement boat (since he's not a member on this forum, I am making the post for him...  )

He fully retired at the end of last month and while visiting us this past weekend for Artsfest, we surprised him (and my mom) by pulling this out of the storage unit.

it didn't take him long to climb aboard and and take control of the tiller...

showing off his colors...

getting a feel for the boat layout...

Flag & Dog

some other misc shots of the interior...

(underseat, 1 piece, rod storage for when trailering and fire extinguisher mount)

surprise complete, it's 'Liberty Call' time!

Special thanks to Gerry Giesler at Giesler Boats for his excellent customer service, attention to detail (and patience with my customization requests), and superb craftsmanship!
One more cast...

Administrator

That may be the most beautiful boat I have ever seen!!!! Hey Dog, I am planning on retiring next year! Would now be a good time to place my order?  ;) :)

john c

Nate
Great job, he looks like it made him very happy.  As a matter of fact to get a boat like that would make me jump for joy.  Now is he taking that boat to Ogas this year?  Would not be hard to know that is him.

John
Smile, every one will wonder what you have been up to.

Dog

@Administrator ,thank you. Gerry Giesler would be happy to take your order, just give him a call.

@john c ,of course it's going north with us this year to Lake O. I'm sure we'll see you out on the lake  ;D
One more cast...

Oarin

WOW! That is one nice boat. I'm smiling and it's not even mine!! Gary

Administrator

Cool, I tell him to send the bill to @Dog! That would make me one very happy Admin.  :) :) :) :) :)

Dog

Quote from: Administrator on July 13, 2014, 05:01:19 PM
Cool, I tell him to send the bill to @Dog! That would make me one very happy Admin.  :) :) :) :) :)

ha ha...  good luck trying to pick up a free boat from Gerry  :D ;) he is a nice guy, but not that nice....
One more cast...

Dog

Quote from: Oarin on July 13, 2014, 04:57:27 PM
WOW! That is one nice boat. I'm smiling and it's not even mine!! Gary
@Oarin , Gary it has that effect on people, that's for sure. It's not mine either and I grin every time I see it... his reaction was priceless as well.

Complete strangers came up to me in gas stations when we were towing it back to the states and just started rubbing it and smiling. Hilarious and a bit awkward, but funny nonetheless. I warned Flag it draws a crowd, he and my mom will have to get use to it...

Does anyone know of any Kipawa outfitters besides Two Moon's that rent Giesler's?
One more cast...

johnny walleye

puckster_guy

wow what an amazing looking boat!!!! I'd be too afraid to put it into the water and get it dirty lol. I'm sending a copy of this thread to my kids.....nudge, nudge wink wink :)
Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Dog

Quote from: johnny walleye on July 13, 2014, 07:22:51 PM
love that boat

thanks john. It was pretty obvious he did as well.
One more cast...

Dog

Quote from: puckster_guy on July 13, 2014, 08:32:26 PM
wow what an amazing looking boat!!!! I'd be too afraid to put it into the water and get it dirty lol. I'm sending a copy of this thread to my kids.....nudge, nudge wink wink :)

My family has been using these since the 70's on Nipissing... and I consider them floating and very functional artwork.
Subtle Joe, reaaaaaal subtle.... haha
One more cast...

600 miles north

That is a beautiful boat dog! I have envisioned trying to build a boat some day with my boys ( and girls if they would want) there is nothing more beautiful than a piece of art like that! Bravo... I love it. your dad is one lucky guy!

Brad
600 miles north is where I'd rather be!

getthenet

Dog

@600 miles north Brad the closest I came to building anything for Liberty Call was an outboard motor stand for off-season storage and maintenance...

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/101762-what-did-you-do-your-4runner-today-749.html#post1628836

There is no way I could even come close to the craftsmanship of a Giesler and to be honest... if I built it, I'm not sure I'd trust it to float. haha
IF you have skills to build a boat I would say do it but if you do we may vote to change your screen name to "Jethro" like jethro gibbs on NCIS who makes wooden boats in his basement.
One more cast...