September fishing

Started by Kill Switch, August 19, 2022, 09:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kill Switch

Hi gang.
Apologies if this has been covered. Mid to late September fishing; how is it?
I might be able to go towards September 19th. As some of you know, I frequent the north end at Cedar valley Lodge (new cabins are nice!).
I realize water temp and weather patterns can vary, but generally speaking; are fish still in the mid lake humps or shelves?

I know where to get walleye from end of May to late August. Just wondering what things are like if they turn cold prior to the lake turning over.

For location purposes, we fish everything north of Fox (hopefully that helps).
Thanks in advance, and if anyone would like to join me, happy to oblige. Love to meet some of the people from "the forum".

Cheers
Patrick

Hodgey1

Quote from: 289walleye on August 19, 2022, 09:23:53 PM
Hi gang.
Apologies if this has been covered. Mid to late September fishing; how is it?
I might be able to go towards September 19th. As some of you know, I frequent the north end at Cedar valley Lodge (new cabins are nice!).
I realize water temp and weather patterns can vary, but generally speaking; are fish still in the mid lake humps or shelves?

I know where to get walleye from end of May to late August. Just wondering what things are like if they turn cold prior to the lake turning over.

For location purposes, we fish everything north of Fox (hopefully that helps).
Thanks in advance, and if anyone would like to join me, happy to oblige. Love to meet some of the people from "the forum".

Cheers
Patrick

My early September fishing experience has been good in the Alwaki/Kipawa Lodge area of the lake for walleye. Fish are in similar areas and depths as my July trips. The weather is a coin flip that time of year though, you may need a swim suit or a parka. Bring both! LOL.  Speaking from experience. Enjoy your trip.
Walleye Rock!

RHYBAK

Patrick

As you must know by now, that part of the lake is my territory.

GET OUT...….LOL....Just kidding

We are going the first week of September and we generally find our fish on the mid lake shoals just as you come out of your bay and into the main lake.
The islands to the right are littered with mid lake humps
We just cruse those humps until we see where the fish are.
Mostly in the 25-33 foot areas but at that time of year the depth varies day to day.
You will have to put some effort into finding that one honey hole but once you find it, your week will be golden.
Just toss the jigs out and retrieve them .

I find that the Berkley Maxscent minnow works good that time of year

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Hodgey1

Quote from: RHYBAK on August 22, 2022, 01:42:48 PM

GET OUT...….

LOL!

Great tips and advice from a guy who knows. Nice of you to share
Walleye Rock!

Kill Switch

Quote from: RHYBAK on August 22, 2022, 01:42:48 PM
Patrick

GET OUT...….LOL....Just kidding

We are going the first week of September and we generally find our fish on the mid lake shoals just as you come out of your bay and into the main lake.
The islands to the right are littered with mid lake humps
We just cruse those humps until we see where the fish are.
Mostly in the 25-33 foot areas but at that time of year the depth varies day to day.
You will have to put some effort into finding that one honey hole but once you find it, your week will be golden.
Just toss the jigs out and retrieve them .

I find that the Berkley Maxscent minnow works good that time of year

Ha! Do you fish out of 3 Seasons?
Ya, we do really well in that part of the lake, especially the evening bite. Sounds like I will be able to find them in my usual spots. Fingers crossed I make it up there around Sept. 15.

RHYBAK

Good Luck and yes, I fish out of 3Seasons
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Morrow21

We typically go the first week in September in the Alwaki/White Birch area of the lake. Most years we have had excellent fishing. Last year we went the 3rd week and still had great fishing, although I have heard it can be hit or miss the later in September you go. My father in law has gone for years. This year we will be there the last week in September. Guess we’ll see. FWIW we typically jig points and humps anywhere from 15-30 feet deep depending on weather/water temps