Rambler's Report TBL 7/19-8/2

Started by rambler, August 04, 2014, 12:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rambler

Another excellent 2 weeks at Taggart Bay Lodge on Lake Kipawa. We made another dvd of our trip so I'll just touch on the highlights. As mentioned in other post the weather was a mess. 1st week was hot and windy, cool and windy, rain and windy then windy and windy. 2nd week was worse. Lots of rain, very cold and you guessed it lots of wind. Many nights I went out by myself cause Ellen wont fish in the bad weather. I was on the lake by 4:45 every morning, some mornings it was 48 degrees. It was good Walleye weather with the bite lasting till mid day on the rainy days, if you could get out and fish for them. Like I said the wind was terrible. Luckily TBL is sheltered back in Deep Bay and you could still catch fish near camp when the big bays (Taggart, Loon and Hay) were unfishable in a camp boat. During our 2 weeks, the same people book year after year so we get to know everyone and its like a big family reunion. It was great! Especially when the weather was bad, we would spend the time visiting with the other guests. It was great to finally meet Mike and Roger Miller (Tom and Linda's sons) and their friends Dave and Derrick. Our good friends Rob and Tracey Bingman from Titusville, Pa were there for our 1st week and they rebooked for 2 weeks next year. Lots of Margarittas in Cabin 3 next year! Rob and Tracey were the class of the camp catching over 200 Walleyes in 1 week. Rob is a Walleye machine. I (and 2 other boats) personally witnessed them catching 60+ Walleyes in one evenings fishing. Rob told us to fish with them and thats when I caught my 28", 8lb. Walleye. Nice to see our old Friend Gary and his son John. They are good people. Took a nice road trip with Tom and Linda Miller to see the sites in the Ville Marie area. We even got to go for a lake tour on Yves new boat. Thanks buddy! Ok back to the fishing. I found fish our 1st week in 18-20 fow. Floating jigs and wobble jigs put fish in the boat but the suprise of the trip was how well I did on Night crawler harnesses. Either trolled with the gas motor or the electric. They saved our trip. The 2nd week the fish moved to 20-23 fow but the same techniques worked. Nightcrawlers vs leeches was about equal. We caught +/- 180 fish. 122 Walleyes size range 14-18" with a few over 20" and the big 8 lb'er. 41 Smallmouth with 10 between 16-19". 5 Pike, 2 were 32". (we never actually targeted pike). 12 Lake trout, biggest 23". So all in all pretty good results for how bad the weather was and how few times we fished at the prime bite time in the evening. TBL was again top shelf, 5 stars all the way! Yves Bouthillette and his crew are hard working and aim to please. I was impressed by Yves extensive knowledge about the lake and its surrounding area. He should know, being born and raised near the lake. Thanks again, Yves, for another great trip!
As usual the dvd is available to you forum members, free of charge, and yours to keep. If you've recieved a dvd in the past, send me a pm and I'll ship you one. If its your fist time getting one, just send me your address and I'll ship it out hopefully in the next few weeks.
Amen
Rich

john c

Hi Rich

Good quick report and I know from the past the dvd will be great.

John
Smile, every one will wonder what you have been up to.

600 miles north

Thanks for letting us know how it went Rich, I always enjoy watching the DVD's you and Ellen put together. As long as you are willing to send them out I am all for watching the latest edition. Thank you ahead of time! We were up the same time as you the first week, and you are right it was a very windy week. One of these times hopefully we will run into you. We got to meet Gary and John at the store in Laniel one afternoon and that was very cool. Glad to hear you had another good year. Is it any easier leaving for you when you are up there two weeks? Are you a little more anxious to get home, or does it make leaving worse? Just wondering. I was up as a kid for three weeks one summer, but that was a long time ago!

Merci de nous faire savoir comment il a été riche, J'ai toujours regarder les DVD et Ellen mis ensemble. Tant et aussi longtemps que vous êtes prêts à les envoyer je suis tous pour regarder la dernière édition. Merci d'avance ! Nous étions en même temps que vous la première semaine, et vous avez raison c'était une très venteux semaine. L'une de ces fois espérons-le, nous allons exécuter en vous. Nous avons eu l'occasion de rencontrer Gary et John au magasin de Laniel une après-midi et c'était très cool. Heureux d'entendre que vous avez eu une autre bonne année. Il n'est plus facile en laissant pour vous lorsque vous êtes jusqu'il y a deux semaines? Êtes-vous un peu plus impatients de rentrer chez eux, ou est-il laisser empirer? Me demandais. J'étais comme un gamin pendant trois semaines un été, mais c'était il y a longtemps

Brad
600 miles north is where I'd rather be!

CaptainCrappie

Rambler I sent you a PM requesting another of you and your better half's annual, customary, traditional, video extravaganza!   If I was writing a review, for those that have never seen the production before... I would say something like this....  You read the book (report) now see the movie!  See Rambler in all his glory!  See Ellen put up with him!  See Ellen also make Rambler un-hook her fish... or else!  (I know how that works!)  Starring Rambler as mostly himself and Ellen as the brave heroine, as she withstands another trip in paradise with the man she loves!  How's that?  Anyhow, nice report, you guys are gettin good at this!  Take care!

C.C.
You don't get these days back.  Live each day as if it were your last and one day you will be right.

rambler

600 - After 2 weeks its still very hard to return to the "world" but you feel as though you got your fill. 1 week goes way too fast and, because of the weather, you need 2 weeks in case the weather gets bad.

CC - Thanks, I think.

T-Bone

Great report...sounds like you did well. Hitting the lake alone, in challenging weather, at 4:45AM? I'll say this...you have WAY MORE passion for the fishing than anyone in our group...

Thanks...
Embrace every moment...you only get it once

rambler

I like fishing at first light. I love being on the lake and watching the sun come up, plus it was the only time that the lake was relatively calm. Once the sun came up, the wind got worse.

rambler

Added a few pics from our trip to the gallery

johnny walleye