Uploading Pics to Posts

Started by Administrator, November 29, 2014, 03:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Administrator

This post is designed to help those who need help uploading pics to their posts. (If these instructions fail to help, please remember you can always send them to me and I can upload them for you.)

First of all it helps to resize the pics for the viewers. I use Paint. It is on all computers under accessories. Bring up the picture you want to upload, right click on it and it will say "Open with", paint is one of the options, click on it. (I resize all my pictures to 900 pixels horizontal. ) Paint comes up with the picture loaded in it. About the third column, there is a "resize" button, click it, and then you can select "Percentage" or "Pixels", making sure the "maintain current aspect ratio" box is checked, click Pixels, enter 900 in the horizontal box. Paint will adjust the vertical size to keep the pic in proportion. Click OK. Then in upper left, click, and you will see a drop down box, click "save as", paying attention where the computer is saving it or change it to a file where you can easily find the pic.

Uploading pics using imgur.com (most popular)

From a computer:The first thing is create an account at imgur. Create a username, email, password and cell phone number as they will send you a verification code. Then click the right pictures in the boxes (I hate those). and click that you are not a robot. Next up by your username, click the down arrow, and click images. Then click the green box that says "Add Images". Another box will pop up that says Browse or add images here. (I normally have my pics saved to my computer). So I click Browse. Then another box will pop up. If it isn't your pictures, then click pictures on the left. Then click the picture you want. The picture shoule then download in your imgur account. Then click on the picture in your imgur account, then 6 codes will pop up, you will want to click on the 'copy" on the second one from the bottom, the BBCode. That will copy the code to your clipboard. Then go to the post you are creating and right click where you want the picture and click paste. That should embed the code and the picture should appear when you click Preview.

Uploading pics using the www.postimages.org site

You need an account at a photo sharing site. I use https://postimages.org/ . You will have to register an account. Just enter your email address in the Sign up page. They will send you a password. Click on upload in the upper left, and then Choose Images in the middle of the page. Your picture file should pop up, and select the picture you want, and then click "Open". Your image should show on the top of the page when uploaded, Then click the copy box on the right, next to the url, in the line that says "Hotlink for Forums". (Second from bottom). Paste that into your post where you want the pic.

That should do it for you.

Hopefully this helps.

johnny walleye

pikebuster

Trying to upload 121 KB image to my post keep getting error message folder full ....... any suggestions

AL

Administrator

Fort Wisers

I've always hosted pics on our personal sight to post on forums but wanted to try this tinypic method, here goes nothing:

The beach near Sunnyside, many years ago:

Almost same location the next morning:

Seems to be working! Not sure the lifecycle of tinypic (how long tinypic will share the pics) but at this moment it worked quite well.
These were posted at 17-November-2017, lets see how long they stay posted.
FYI we have no tinypic account.

NortonJoe

I just signed up for tinypic but the site says they are discontinuing in September.  Anyone know anything about this ( @Nancy )?  Thanks.  In the meantime, I'll post my trip report sans pics.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau

smitty55

I've been using imgur for several years now since photobucket went funny and have been quite pleased. There are editing features as well.
Upload pic, click on it and a new window will open. Click on copy BBCode and then paste in your post.

Cheers

Greg

Fort Wisers

To everyone following these test posts PLEASE do not start posting pics yet until we get this feature fully tested!

Test post small pic:

Fort Wisers

To everyone following these test posts PLEASE do not start posting pics yet until we get this feature fully tested!

Test post of direct picture upload, larger pic:

puckster_guy

Days spent fishing don't count against life :)