Author Topic: Resizing Pictures and Tips on Posting Pics to the Forum Gallery  (Read 5416 times)

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
Resizing Pics and Uploading Photos To The Gallery

Resizing Pics

This is what I do when I resize pics. I am sure there are other ways but it works for me.

1. First highlight the pic in your file on your computer.
2. Right click on it and it will bring up a window and about half way down it will say "Open with" with an arrow beside it. Click on it.
3. Click on Paint.
4. It will take you to Paint with the picture loaded in it.
5. About three icons over at the top, it will say resize. Click on it and it will bring up a window that allows you to resixe by Pencentage or Pixels. Percentage will depend on how large your picture is to begin with. Pixels is probably easily, click on it and in the horizontal box try like 900 and the computer will resize the vertical automatically to prevent distortion. If it doesn't be sure the box is checked that says"maintain aspect ratio".
6. Click OK
7.Then click the little file window clear in the upper left, it will open up a window with one option that says, "Save as", click on it.
8. Go over and click on JPEG picture
9. It will then take you back to the file where you got the picture from. You probably don't want to save it with the same file name because you probably do not want to lose the original. If you tell it to save it to the same file name, the computer will tell you it will overwrite the file and asks if that is OK? I usually add a "1" of something easy like that to the new pic.
10. That should get you a smaller picture that the gallery will accept.

Adding a Picture to the Forum Gallery

1. Click on gallery.
2. Click on Add a Picture
3. You have to put in a title or it will refuse to install.
4. Scroll down below keywords where it says Upload picture and click Browse
5. That should bring up your picture file. If not you should be able to find it in the left column.
6. Click on the pic you want. the name under the pic should show up in the box called "File Name"
7. Click the Open tab.
8. You should then see the forum gallery where you are adding the picture.
9. Make sure you have it in the category you want at the top, right under Title, click the down arrow to select the category you want.
10. You can fill in as much as you want as far as description or nothing at all, but you have to have a title.
11. Then click add picture. It should work.

Hope this helps for anyone who might be having problems.

Offline RHYBAK

Re: Resizing Pictures and Tips on Posting Pics to the Forum Gallery
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 03:50:56 PM »
Very helpfull.  Thank you
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 06:28:31 AM by RHYBAK »
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

Offline Administrator

• Administrator
Re: Resizing Pictures and Tips on Posting Pics to the Forum Gallery
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 04:03:04 PM »
No Rhybak. I am sure there are or will be others. I think it is a good idea. Glad to help.