We hope you like the new look and feel!

Main Menu

Just sharing...

Started by Dog, January 22, 2015, 12:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog

Quesnel Lake Trip Report by Scuro on kipawa.net

http://www.kipawa.net/viewtopic.php?t=4157

already added it to the master trip report index as well...
One more cast...

puckster_guy

Days spent fishing don't count against life :)

Jay Thomas

I don't visit the other Kipawa site very often. Consequently, thanks Dog for bringing Scuro's post to our attention.

Jay

johnny walleye

600 miles north

I saw this last week and thought how beautiful the pictures were in the beginning of the report and was sickened by the middle by what had happened. Just like Jay said, I rarely go to the other site anymore either.
    Does anyone have any new updates on the mine proposed for the kipawa area? last I heard it was losing momentum.

Brad
600 miles north is where I'd rather be!

Oarin

Wow, unbelievable. The almighty dollar seems to be all that really matters. I hope the Quebec Govt. has seen this disaster and wakes up.

Dog

One more cast...

600 miles north

This is a report that limacharley updated on the kipawa.net site for those that are curious about it...

http://www.northernminer.com/news/editorial-mount-polleys-feet-of-clay/1003463787/

Brad
600 miles north is where I'd rather be!

chiaro

Greetings,

I used to post on the old board occasionally and go up to Kipawa typically once a year. I saw that somebody shared my post, now without photos so if someone wants to talk interior BC fishing that is a topic I am interested in. I did keep track of the spill at Quesnel lake. Lucky for the lake the spill was at the lower end of the lake near the exit so most of the pollutants got flushed. The lake now has the reputation of "that lake", with one of the biggest tailings pond breeches in Canadian history. The one lodge still seems to be in business but they haven't responded to email since I last went.